Vert Thyme SGH PT & Magenta RH City, Please help me choose...

Vert Thyme SGH PT & Magenta RH City. Which one to keep?

• Keep the Vert Thyme SGH Part Time

• Keep the Magenta RH City

• Return them all and keep looking

• Keep both, but your budget will be very tight!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I honestly, don't love the leather on either. Honesty is important girl, so don't be offended. My best girlfriends know that if they ask my opinion I will tell them absolutely honestly with no B.S. I voted return both. The '08 Magenta has NOT impressed me. Vert thyme, however has been lovely. The one you received seems a bit veiny for my taste. These bags cost a lot of $$$ so ONLY buy and keep what you love. Please don't be offended, let us know what you do!

I honestly, don't love the leather on either. Honesty is important girl, so don't be offended. My best girlfriends know that if they ask my opinion I will tell them absolutely honestly with no B.S. I voted return both. The '08 Magenta has NOT impressed me. Vert thyme, however has been lovely. The one you received seems a bit veiny for my taste. These bags cost a lot of $$$ so ONLY buy and keep what you love. Please don't be offended, let us know what you do!

Shasta, I am not offended at all. That's why I came for your help since I have a doubt. Thank you ALL SO MUCH for giving your thoughts. I value every single one of them.

Yes, they cost a lot, and I was not "WOW" when I received them both. I am not very experienced with BBag, even I have eight BBags, I am still learning. I really depend on you gals who have seen and touched so many BBags to give me your advice. Most of my BBags are 2005 and 2007. That's why I am not too impressed with 2008 leather. But I do LOVE Vert Thyme and Magenta. I am seriously considering return them both and keep looking. But most of the VT and Magenta I have seen on the forum are very veiny. I am so sad.... :crybaby:

I'm not too crazy about most the bags I've seen for 2008, but I like the VT more than the Magenta.

Wouldn't the uneven texture of the Magenta drive you insane? Some parts look delish, others do not.

I'm not too crazy about most the bags I've seen for 2008, but I like the VT more than the Magenta.

Wouldn't the uneven texture of the Magenta drive you insane? Some parts look delish, others do not.

Yes! The uneven texture of the Magenta did drive me nuts. I looked up some other 2008 RH City posted on the forum and found many of them have the same problem. :confused1:

I didn't have a chance this morning to go outdoor to shoot more photos under daylight. But I sure will do it tomorrow morning.

i think the "wow" thing is very important when you hold the bag. if you were not "wow" when you received the two bags, i'd agree with shasta, return them and wait for your "wow" bag. i bought all my b bags after having that kind of love at first sight feeling, i didn't feel this when i tried the 08 sky blue work on, for example, so i didn't buy it, even if i found the color so beautiful. but my vert foncé weekender which had never been on my wishlist was just WOW on me when i tried it on. so i didn't hesitate. and i love every b bag i have.:love:

Here are the photos I took both of them under daylight without flash. Hopefully they show the leather clearly. I am surprised the colors show so different with or w/o flash. So, it was me paronoid, or their leather isn't that great and should be returned? TIA!!!

This is the Vert Thyme SGH PT under daylight.

vtpt1.jpg

vtpt2.jpg

vtpt3.jpg

vtpt4.jpg

vtpt5.jpg

Yes! The uneven texture of the Magenta did drive me nuts. I looked up some other 2008 RH City posted on the forum and found many of them have the same problem. :confused1:

I didn't have a chance this morning to go outdoor to shoot more photos under daylight. But I sure will do it tomorrow morning.

Good girl on the better pics, still not feelin that Magenta. The VT looks "okay" but not a stunner like some of the 07's.

I've noticed that about the Magenta's too... some might argue that it gives the bag character, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. :oh:

What's your decision, girl?! :P

Thank you RERE! I think I am going to return both and keep searching. I really LOVE those two colors but it's the leather. Has anyone seen good leather of those two colors somewhere? Please tell me.... :crybaby:

Good choice handbag, you made the right decision!

I've only seen these bags in NM SF so far, but the leather wasn't great. In fact, they were hardly acceptable.

I'll keep an eye out for you though. I believe that AlohaRag has one more Magenta, but even then, the girl that I work with was honest and said the leather is a bit dry. Might want to see if you can get a pic of it for reference.

I don't think all the VT's (or the magentas, for that matter) will look too veiny, so if you really like the color, I'd keep looking. I love mine, which looks a little veiny in photographs, but really isn't. It's very thick and soft like a lot of the 2007 bags, and I think it has good leather. I admit I could be blinded by love of the color. :love: The outside pics you posted of yours makes it look a little more like most of the magenta leather I've seen. If you're so uncertain, you should probably return them and start over. I know you'll find a bag that wows you.

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg