Vert thyme PT or Sapphire Pt? can't decide

von

:)
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
i definately can't get both right now but may buy another later on depending on finances so i'm really torn, i know i would definitely like GSH but i can't make up my mind on the colour, i love them both! do you think sapphire is a better colour for winter to wear with black and other dark clothes? thanks for any input :tup:

von

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
Thanks, i was thinking the vt would go with more, browns etc and of course green lol

podorang

O.G.
Feb 12, 2008
For me, Sapphire is more versatile..with black and white, of course, khaki, grey, brown... and I bought GSH PT in Sapphire!:yahoo:

wander

Bag lover!
O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Do you have a chance to see them both in person? You may really be drawn to one or the other based on leather quality or overall look. Also, check your wardrobe. See which you would wear more. They are both lovely, I think VT is an easy to wear color, but will show wear more. Sapphire is great for fall/winter and looks amazing with GSH, but may not match as much.

If I can only have one. I vote Sapphire GSH PT. Hopefully you can find one!

von

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
thanks for the advice, unfortunately i can't see ethier in person, i would have to get one online, sapphire is looking way more expensive ATM unless a bargain pops up. I think my winter wardrobe might go better with a sapphire

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
Will this help a little bit?

Vert Thyme SGH PT

Sapphire SGH Part Time (borrowed from eBay item# 380054349164)

I am no help since I like them both. :P

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
96° in the shade
I prefer the rich depth of sapphire, and IMO this dark purple is more versatile than you might initially think. If you wear neutrals, I think sapphire would add a nice element of color more than VT would.

psaseattle

PNW Hermes-aholic
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
Sun Valley, ID
I have tried both on in person and considered both very seriously myself....I ended up buying a sapphire GSH PT and have no regrets. However, I am still wooed by the Vert Thyme GSH (and GGH actually) and think its a very pretty combo. I agree with balihai88 that Sapphire is very versatile and goes with a LOT since it is such a nice darker purple - not too bright. I wear mine with everything. If you are unable to actually pick a bag out in person - it seems that the Sapphire GSH PTs I have seen are more consistently good with the leather. I have seen some pretty big variations in Vert Thyme leather - from thick and wrinkly with good/even distressing to VERY veiny, though all have been thick.

von

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
thanks for the info, so hard when you can't have a squeeze, am i right in thinking sapp pt's don't have feet and vt's do?

von

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
mmm another issue, i like feet! lol that sounds weird, thanks for all your input ladies i'll see which pops up first with the best looking leather