Vert Thyme owners: what do you wear it with?

Cheshire Cat

Long live McQueen
Feb 12, 2007
I found the thread about Vert D'eau and what people wear it with super helpful! I just scored a Vert D'eau GGH Day and I am contemplating a Vert Thyme Hobo or Besace with SGH.

I've seen Vert Thyme and silver hardware in person and I think it's one of the most striking colour/hardware matches I've seen yet. It's very tempting because I :heart: green, but I don't own anything in that shade really, and I'm wondering what it works well with.

Obviously it would be beautiful with black, grey or white, and I do have plenty of those, but I'm trying to wear more colourful outfits - any ideas for some colours that would look smashing with Vert Thyme? I am a very pale faux-redhead and I wear a lot of jewel tones, if that helps. :yes:

I don't want to buy the bag and not wear it because it only looks good with neutrals, you know? :confused1:

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance you can give me! :tup:

attachment.php

(Not the style I'm contemplating - just for a visual reminder of the colour/hardware. :shame:smile:

Attachments

• 173084_d941n_3373_01.jpg
    173084_d941n_3373_01.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 350
While I am shamelessly begging for advice, do you think that Vert Thyme is too similar to Vert D'eau? Again, I just love this colour, but I don't want to buy it if I just won't use it...

attachment.php

The Vert D'eau Day I'm expecting this week

Attachments

• cac0_1.JPG
    cac0_1.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 351
I don't have VT, but totally agree with you that the VT/ GSH is a stunning combination! I don't think that VT and VDE are too similar at all!! I am very conservative with matching things, so the colours you listed are what I would wear it with, but I also think it would look smashing with Taupe and grey browns, also paler pinks, lilacs and butter yellow!

VDE Is beautifull!!!

I wish you well,

Bridget

no offense to any VT owners... I had a VT day for about 48 hours... after purchasing it, the SA tried it on in front of the mirror and said "Ooooo you could wear this with black... or white... or black... or white..." Besides my jaw dropping at her, I took it home, couldn't get it out of my head :lol: I returned it two days later after staring at the fabulous leather. (needless to say, I've never bought anything from that SA since)

I'm totally curious what people wear with it... pinkboudoir has some nice shots in the photos wearing your bbags thread of her vert thyme city ;)

I also think it's in a totally different color family than vert deau :smile:

I have the Vert Thyme and I've seen the Vert D'Eau. I don't think they're too similar for you to get both. I wear my VT with electric blue, light blue, red, bergundy, brown, cream - whatever I have on, really. My boyfriend was holding it for me and it looked great with his green shirt & tan jacket. The shade is not too dark and not too bright. It's the perfect bag for someone who wants a bit of color in her accessories without them screaming "Look at me!"

Thanks ladybugfreckle, I do have quite a number of pictures posted in the picture thread with my VT City.

I wear my VT City with lots of neutrals & even some colours(green, red prints). It is my favourite neutral shade but since I got Sahara, I felt the need to let VT go & I did. I do miss my VT though.

Vert D'eau is nothing like VT. Former is icy cool green & latter is a more cool veering on warm(when it hits flashes of sunlight) green. Some angles it is plain army green shade & yet it is juicy leafy green from others. HTHs.

Well, I'm no help at all really since I wear my vert thyme with black, and white, and jeans, and, yes, you guessed it, grey ... I do think it goes well with green too. See attached pic. I would also wear it with red, rust, olive, orange, purple, certain blues ... I think it would combine with a whole range of colours. Vert thyme with SGH looks stunning! Check out pinkboudoir's pics for more adventurous combinations.

vt3408.jpg

vt3408-1.jpg

VertThymeDayArm2.jpg

I also agree that vert d'eau and vert thyme are very different colours. Also I bet the leather is completely different too. Your vert d'eau looks gorgeous.

drati, I've been drooling over your pictures all day! I was surprised at how much I liked it paired with your Kelly green sweater! I'm off to look at pinkboudoir's pictures now... :P

No, I think it's good to have them in here! I didn't mean that at all. That similar thread about what to wear with Vert D'eau ended up helping way more people than the original poster and it's entirely possible that this one could help out more people than just me in their decision-making.

I have one on hold at BalLA and I think I will buy it tomorrow. So exciting!

^^^ Oh I know you weren't complaining (I didn't mean it like this either) and you're right about this being a useful thread. Pinkboudoir and Verty, would you repost your pics too? It'll be a good reference thread. There aren't that many pics of vert thyme modeled around.

Cheshire, it'll be interesting what the leather is like on yours. All the vert thymes seem to have really thick leather, often very veiny too. That's what I struggled with the most with my bag, the leather. It's so different from my other bags, even the other 2 agneau that I have, a F/W 07 black money and the S/S 08 Sahara Day.

So please post pics and let us know what the leather is like.

vert thym is a beautiful green, nothing like vert d'eau but i love this color. but the leather i've seen on most of the bags was very dry and veiny with white veins.i don't like veiny leather, that's why i'm not that into this color.