Vert D'eau came . . . I saw . . . and it went back . . .

The leather WAS awesome:yes: :yes: :yes: . I wish that I had loved it . . . However, I just know that a fabulous color is yet to come!
:yes:
It does look like a pretty color, but absolutely for the cost of the bag, you should be head over heels for it or return it! In a funny coincidence, I rec'd a tassel in this color today from a gal who is having me make a braid for her bag. The tassel looks really pretty combined with bbgm pink, and white.

Is the leather really that much better than the 06's? It certainly seems that way. It seems thicker and deffinitely no veiny appearance! I honestly don't know what happened to Bal colors comparing 04 and especially 05 to what they have come up with for 06 and 07????? I should be greatful for my bank acct (but that is not entirely true either since I ended up paying more for secondhand bags), but it seems they put all their efforts into coming up with new styles and new hardware, and not much effort in coming up with some fab colors! In taking a look at naffs Balenciaga colorwheel there is some serious lack in pinks and purples!!! Oohh what I wouldn't give to see some of those in the new season!!!!
:hysteric:
In case you haven't seen the color wheel....

atelier.naff

Aw. That's too bad it didn't work for you. It seems like such a pretty color. Hopefully it still sells well enogh for Balenciaga to do another pale seafoamy green. Maybe one thats just a little darker and richer in color.

I agree. It looks flat and isn't distressed enough. I hope everyone didn't complain too much about veins and now they will go too far and we get ones that look plastiquey. :P The color is pretty, it's just sort of flat to me and I can't see that I would have much to wear it with. Sort off an odd color to match.

:yes:
Is the leather really that much better than the 06's? It certainly seems that way. It seems thicker and deffinitely no veiny appearance!

Yes, I think it is much thicker and less distressed. Maybe not enough distressing. My caramel is beautiful but I should have sent it back and gotten another. I stressed not veiny and that's what I got. Almost no veins at all. Too little. Now I get pictures first. I got exactly what I asked for, loved it at first, but now decided I prefer veiny if it's not excessive and it's evenly veiny. I don't like it when the front and back don't match. That's one thing that will make me exchange a bag, so I specify that if I order by phone and ask for pictures.

Yes, the leather was thick, but practically no distressing. In reference to powder, it was a very hard color to match to clothes. I held it up to everything in my closet and it didn't seem to match anything. That was what cemented the deal to send it back. Perhaps if you wear a lot of pastels, it would look nice.

Vert d'eau , yes I went, saw, held, posed and it went back to the storeroom. It was a little too flat and plasticky to me.. pls pls don kill me.. it did look like those Thai fakes from afar... though I believe with use, it'd become distressed and slouchy. I loved the colour but felt it was just too flat.. I prefer those with undertones like Ink, Rouille and hopefully Anthracite.

I really havent been excited about the colors this season.
^^^This is so true! What happened to all the gorgeous colors from past seasons 04 & 05 that balenciaga is famous for? There is so many colors I would love to see these bags in. I would love to see a new yellow.

It isn't as good as seafoam or turquoise 2004, but I really like the color. It just works for me. The WE I got in this color has leather as nice as 2004. It is fairly thick, but very soft and distressed, although not veiny. It looks so much better in person than in photos. You have to go with what you love, though.

I disagree about the matching stuff, i find it's super easy to match with. However, if you mind standing out this bag is definitely NOT for you. It looks awesome with blacks, browns, tans, grey, denim.. but it is an extreme POP. The only colours i don't love it with are other bright colours, then it becomes overkill and takes away from it's beauty. I absolutely love it and know that once warm weather comes around it'll be even better!

It's true about the veins, but since my Rouge Vif is super veiny, i don't miss them, i like that it has it's own personality. And imo, it definitely does not look plastically or like a fake. To me this is like the bubblegum of greens if that makes any sense. It's definitely a colour to see in person, you can't judge from pictures.. I understand it's not for everyone though :smile:

Yes, that color never did a thing for me. I think there are so many good choices, there will always be something that comes along that you love. Personally, I am dying to see something in blue glacier. Has that one come out yet? I WISH, WISH, WISH they were making it in the purse (my new style favorite).