Versatility...plum vs wine for a mac

plr16

Dec 12, 2008
I'm deciding whether to seek out a plum or wine MAC. Which one would be the most versatile? I wear alot of blue/navy, white, and black, and a decent amount of red. I've looked at some comparisons between the two colors here but was hoping to get an opinion from someone who has seen these bags in person.

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
Plum is a nice pebbled leather, but wine is a gorgeous semi glazed leather! Do you want a smooth leather or a pebbled leather??

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
Wine, wine, wine! Wine is one of the most gorgeous colors ever, and I am not even a big fan of red..

MrsShoeGal

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
West Coast
Here is the deal: plum by far you will be able to wear more with it, while wine is pretty don't let these ladies obsessions sway you LOLOL. Plum is more purple in it's undertrones and wine is red burgundy. Plum will wear very well with some reds I need to take a picture of it.

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
Los Angeles
i am kind of in the same boat as you! i wanted a wine, but it may be a bit too rich and red for my wardrobe...I think I might have to go for a plum. but id love to see some more plum pics first!

Phantom

Aug 7, 2008
I say go for wine and join our SO! ;)

To me, the wine is a more classy, sophisticated color that is quite versatile.

Jun 30, 2006
I agree - join the SO! There are some drool-worthy pics of the bag on the 2nd page!

I'm kind of in the same dilemma. I'm not-so-patiently waiting for our Wine MAC SO to take off but have really fallen in love with the plum as well and kind of want both now!

I really wish I had better advice to give but I tend to lean towards getting both. :nuts:

baghag411

~ Michelle ~
O.G.
May 29, 2008
NorCal
It depends on how you feel about red bags. . . Wine definitely has red undertones. The Plum has blue undertones and is more muted. I didn't think I would like Plum at first (expecting it to be too pink) but it's not like that at all. The Burgundy MAC is gorgeous as well. . .