Vernis wallets for every day use?

BowieFan1971

Cat mom, wife, mother of a US Navy corpsman
Jun 19, 2020
Ok...I have a Pomme Elise wallet that is absolutely gorgeous. I want to use it but I’m nervous about ruining it. I do not keep stray anything or loose items in my bag, everything is in a pouch or case of some kind. I do not use hand sanitizer and put all receipts/papers inside my wallet or a purse pocket. I take care of my stuff, but I do use it. Fine scratches will not bother me, but major stains or discoloration will.

What is your experience with using vernis SLGs? Did they get majorly trashed in a short period of time? Is there anything I can apply or I can do to help protect it and stave off damage (other than avoid heat and direct sun exposure)? Any user tips?

She is too darn pretty to sit in my closet!!!!

Ok...I have a Pomme Elise wallet that is absolutely gorgeous. I want to use it but I’m nervous about ruining it. I do not keep stray anything or loose items in my bag, everything is in a pouch or case of some kind. I do not use hand sanitizer and put all receipts/papers inside my wallet or a purse pocket. I take care of my stuff, but I do use it. Fine scratches will not bother me, but major stains or discoloration will.

What is your experience with using vernis SLGs? Did they get majorly trashed in a short period of time? Is there anything I can apply or I can do to help protect it and stave off damage (other than avoid heat and direct sun exposure)? Any user tips?

She is too darn pretty to sit in my closet!!!!
I love the Elise, have it in Monogram. It’s a great compact wallet. I dislike wallet that folds into three parts. LV should bring it back that model with other prints and materials.

• Love
Reactions: MulberryHeaux
You are probably going to be ok as others have indicated here. I am very careful with my things like you are. I have owned a 1/2 dozen beautiful vernis SLGs. I usually put my vernis ZCPs in their dust bags (with the flap folded back for easy access) inside my purse. I rotate my ZCPs regularly too. Even so, I somehow got some small color transfer on one — I couldn’t figure out how it happened (maybe accidentally putting a receipt next to it instead of putting it in the slip pocket. Hard to retrace the events). In any case, it bugged me every time I see the color transfer — I guess I could have just ignored that side :lol:. So I ended up parting with that one (and later, parting with a few more as I decided I needed my things to be more carefree).

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Definitely for everyday use! Vernis is very durable, as long as it is in a darker color due to color transfer. I have had a vernis cles (key pouch) that I use every day for the last ten years. I just retired it this year as the glazing was beginning to wear and I want to keep it in my collection. I replaced it with another vernis key pouch. It's such a beautiful finish.

You are probably going to be ok as others have indicated here. I am very careful with my things like you are. I have owned a 1/2 dozen beautiful vernis SLGs. I usually put my vernis ZCPs in their dust bags (with the flap folded back for easy access) inside my purse. I rotate my ZCPs regularly too. Even so, I somehow got some small color transfer on one — I couldn’t figure out how it happened (maybe accidentally putting a receipt next to it instead of putting it in the slip pocket. Hard to retrace the events). In any case, it bugged me every time I see the color transfer — I guess I could have just ignored that side :lol:. So I ended up parting with that one (and later, parting with a few more as I decided I needed my things to be more carefree).
Definitely for everyday use! Vernis is very durable, as long as it is in a darker color due to color transfer. I have had a vernis cles (key pouch) that I use every day for the last ten years. I just retired it this year as the glazing was beginning to wear and I want to keep it in my collection. I replaced it with another vernis key pouch. It's such a beautiful finish.

Thanks! She is coming out of the closet tomorrow!

They are pretty indestructible. I have an over-stuffed card case I’ve used every single day for about 9 years. No issues. I also have a vernis wallet I use daily about half the year (during fall/winter). I switch to a Gucci wallet for spring/summer.

• Love
I have a vernis agenda in pomme I used as a wallet everyday for about 7yrs, there is minimal signs of wear and tear. I don't baby my stuff but I do have a purse organizer and keep pens safely stored away! I wouldn't stress, they are pretty durable.

If you do use lotion or perfume, I would give it a wipe down once in a while.

Last edited:
  • Love