Vernis wallet owners- would appreciate your thoughts

Mar 27, 2010
Hi ladies- Well, I need a wallet. . .and a vernis wallet would be perfect because she would match my monogram and damier bags (I'm thinking blue or red). However, I've heard rumors that the vernis wallets are not as sturdy and a bit more fragile than its canvas cousin.

I would like to know. . .do you use your vernis wallet every day and how has she held up? I would use my wallet every day in a bag stuffed with other stuff. Is the vernis going to get scratched or scuffed?

Thanks so much!! Love you gals! :P

I have the Sarah Vernis in Pomme and it's great. I find it's very sturdy and never had a problem with scratching or scuffing from other things in my bags. I don't use it every day, but often enough, and it looks great in Damier and Mono bags. The only difference from the canvas wallets is the inner lining - it's a softer leather, so if you're not careful your nails can scratch it. Other than that, the vernis leather is extremely durable.

I've had my Vernis Ludlow in Noisette for about 4 years now and I use it almost everyday. Yes, I throw it around in my bag with other stuff. It is very sturdy the edges where it bends has not cracked and it has kept its shape very well! I do not notice any scuffs, scratches or dings. The card slots I've found has stretched just a tad bit but that is normal from inserting and pulling out cards.

BUT BUT BUT! the horrible horrible thing is the varnish for the vernis can color transfer and once it does there is no way of removing it :sad: it happened to me :sad: the Noisette is a pale neutral color and go me I placed it next to one of my Hello Kitty coin bags and the pink transferred onto it. Tried using tape, nail polish remover, eraser ... nothing ...its still there.

But if you are getting Bleu Nuit or Pomme D'Amour I don't think you will have to worry about color transfer because they are pretty dark colors.

Hope this helped a bit!

PS. LOVE LOVE LOVE Bleu Nuit! planning on getting the Zippy Coin Purse for my own Xmas gift :biggrin:

I have a vernis zippy which I have used very little (less than 10 times). It is peeling. I don't honestly recommend. My mono PTI has been used daily for 15 years - looks brand new.

thanks for all the comments ladies! I'm thinking of getting the mono insolite with a colored inside! I'd just be devastated if I bought a vernis and the corners chipped or the color transferred onto something else. thanks again!!

OMG! I almost bought a zippy in vernis. I never change my wallets unless it gets stolen or I lose it (God forbids, but it has happened before)...So I would need something durable. Thanks for the thread!

I just wanted to chime in, since most of the replies were negative experiences with Vernis... I prefer accessories in Vernis, so most of my LV accessories are the Vernis material. I've used my Sarah wallet in Violet everyday for over a year and the exterior still looks like new and I haven't experienced any problems with chipping.

The inside has a few small lines from where the cards have sat against the interior leather, but that's really the only thing that makes it looks like not new on the inside and isn't too big of a deal. So maybe it's all a matter of how hard you are on things, I probably am not really that hard on my things relatively speaking... but with just normal use (taking the accessories out to pay at places and then right back in my handbag), Vernis has held up quite well for me. GL with your decision! :smile:

^^^ Thank you so much for your post. I just got the Vernis Zippy Wallet and was worried after reading all of the above posts. I really love my vernis zippy and was happy to read your response. :biggrin:

Could any of you ladies help me with my Xmas shopping - I need a woman's input? I got my wife the Bellevue PM handbag in Pomme D'Amour. I wanted to get her a Sarah wallet - should I stick with Pomme for the wallet or go with a different color such as RF? She has several other handbags.

Could any of you ladies help me with my Xmas shopping - I need a woman's input? I got my wife the Bellevue PM handbag in Pomme D'Amour. I wanted to get her a Sarah wallet - should I stick with Pomme for the wallet or go with a different color such as RF? She has several other handbags.

I vote for the Pomme to match.