vernis vs mc

pinkLV

Jul 9, 2007
i am very undecided between a koala wallet in pomme or a koala in MC. if i went with the vernis, would there be color transfer if i left it in my purse? what if it was in a vernis purse in noisette?? i dont want the inside to get staind. If i got the mc wallet, would the colors fade/peel from being in my purse?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! :smile:

i think it all depends on the lining of the purse and also what other items you have in your purse alongside the vernis koala or mc koala. i personally keep my pomme agenda in a slot in my purseket and my mc zippy is just tucked next to my lesportsac pouch and a makeup bag. so far, everything has held up. i do expect my mc lettering to "chip" one day from constant rubbing or wear and tear. you see that on the corners/edges of mc speedy bags sometimes.

what is the lining of your noisette bag? if it's the linen type, i don't think it would be a problem for the pomme to be in there.

It really depends on what type of bag you'll be using and what is in the bag. Vernis is lovely but can be a pain in the butt to take care of, especially in specific colors! It's prone to color transfer, which can come from anything: the lining of your bag, your cell phone, a book that happens to be in your bag, etc. And once it's on there, it's ON there! :sad:

the lining isn't linen :sad: it's like the outside but not glossy. i dont wanna ruin the wallet or the purse. ill have to wait til i see both in person to decide. Thank you for the help!!!! And cute baby lamiastella!!!!

I would go for the MC, over time the LVs may "chip" for lack of a better word, but if you don't put your keys or other hard and sharp items against it to rub you should get many years of enjoyment out of it.

If you go with one of the darker colors of Vernis (Framboise, Pomme, Amarante) then you should be fine with the color.
The MC chips if you constantly yank your wallet out or if you have sharp items rubbing against it, though it's not TOO noticeable.

I have a beige vernis wallet and over time, there will be some colour transfer. The MC will definitely chip on a heavily used item like a wallet.. so it's up to you which you want to go with.

For wallets, you could always go with the monogram, damiers (azur, ebene) or something fun like suhali and you can rest assured with those. ;)