Vernis Question

angelalam5

O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
Hey ladies, I did read the threads about vernis being more durable than you think, which is what sold me on my first vernis piece.

However...for 3 days now I have left my cosmetic pouch in my bag next to a gucci wallet...and I swear, there are little pin type pricks in the leather? Also, I think it must be from the gucci plate pressing against the vernis or something there is a faint line on the leather. Has anyone else experienced this? =( I keep reading about people saying their pieces look like new after 2 years, and I've only had mine for 3 days!:crybaby:

I only have a Vernis Summit Drive and the Vernis Heart. Both are in Amarante and look fabulous. I haven't had any issues with marks or indentations. I hope someone else has smaller pieces that they keep in their bag in order to give you more feedback.

If something hard has been pressing against it for an extended period of time, of course it will leave a mark. The patent leather is soft, not a hard steel surface. I don't think this is a matter of durability at all. Leave it out on its own for a few days and see if the line goes away.

I know that I do try and keep my keys separate from my vernis wallet or cles inside my purse - because it will scratch, but so will regular leather, goatskin or lambskin. Metal is going scratch most anything. But give it a good buff with a soft cloth too and see how it is.

Mine looks great, nothing but fingerprints are on it. I use to have a small scratch on it but, for the life of me, I can't find it anymore. Now, I do carry my Speedy 30 almost all the time, so there's a lot of space for things to roam free. I've already established that I won't carry the Zippy in smaller bags because of the size and I didn't want to take the chance of having anything press into the surface.