vernis line

I am considering the Maple Drive (colour: hazelnut) as a Christmas gift (to myself) this year. It looks really nice in the LV website. Does anyone have this particular model or have any comments about it or its practicality?

I also read the previous forum posts on how "high maintenance" vernis is, being easily stained, discolouration, etc :sad: - this worries me. Is it really worth to purchase anything from the vernis line?

I've got the framboise french purse and now the framboise cles. Never had a problem with the french purse esp when it's used so much. Totally worth it I think. :yes:

I remember someone mentioning this - that you shouldn't keep it in storage too long. There is a problem with the flaps on some purses leaving stains so when you lift up the flap it's a different colour underneath!

Pursemania - do a search on this forum under the words 'candy apple' - there was a threade a while ago about the new red and people were describing it as this.

I'd like to show pics of what I do with my Spring Streets after the thread showing the discoloration under the flaps. I keep them open to the air and prop the flap up with a bobby pin, so the air can circulate underneath them... this will allow them to age gently, all at the same time, like how a photograph ages or something. It's not good to keep any of our bags sealed up in tight dust covers and not use them... But, flaps on the vernis should be opened to avoid those line discolorations IMO...

About a week or so ago, someone wrote a thread about what to do with her marshmallow wallet cause it was so dirt, in addition to her nail polish had rubbed off on it and she couldnt' get any of it off. We were like, ooohhh, too bad.. So sorry. So, yes. I would be careful with bright red nail polish or dark polish on any of the light bags... It sticks to vernis more than the canvas ones....

It is worth it, if you love it, which I do, I use a vernis agenda everday, today it's my lavender, have been using perle, just makes me feel good to look at them and touch them. But, decided to give perle a little break and go to lavender for a bit....

Bummer. Do you still love it??? I noticed you still wanted pink Vernis... in a big way... and, got it? Sometimes, if you love vernis you live with the discoloration a little, my lavender cles has some discoloration, but I still love it...

Bummer. Do you still love it??? I noticed you still wanted pink Vernis... in a big way... and, got it? Sometimes, if you love vernis you live with the discoloration a little, my lavender cles has some discoloration, but I still love it...

Actually that cles is not mine - it's a pic from Ebay.
ofcourse I stil Looove :love: it. Beauty is pain =)