Vernis key pouch vs new empreinte leather key pouch

jillyfish108

Feb 18, 2016
Wondered what thoughts were one these two key pouchs - which is easier to use as a compact wallet. I have the vernis but find it a little hard to get cards in or out of the zippered compartment - love the empreinte leather look and thought it might work out better

From the outside, they look to be about the same size... but the function of the empriente one is way better due to the suppleness of the empreinte leather... plus the zipper compartment is large enough to store additional cards/cash or to separate your coins.

I have both and much prefer Emp. It fits more, not nearly as stiff, and has a coin pouch on the back. I actually fit the entire contents of my Sarah wallet into my Emp Cles and I've been using it as a wallet since I purchased it about two weeks ago. That's 8 cards, a folded check, and folded US cash. Highly recommend!

Wondered what thoughts were one these two key pouchs - which is easier to use as a compact wallet. I have the vernis but find it a little hard to get cards in or out of the zippered compartment - love the empreinte leather look and thought it might work out better
Empreinte all the way! Look at some youtube reviews, it holds like 20+ cards. And if you want something empreinte for a bit less, check out the new empreinte card holder, it holds the same amount of cards, but doesn't have the key hook or back pocket.

From the outside, they look to be about the same size... but the function of the empriente one is way better due to the suppleness of the empreinte leather... plus the zipper compartment is large enough to store additional cards/cash or to separate your coins.

+1. exactly what she said. The flexibility of the Empreinte leather makes a huge difference, you can definitely store more card as well.

I love mine. I switched from a ZCP to the empriente one and its so functional. i use it as my daily wallet, where as my main wallet stays in my bag. I keep my 2 work key passes in the zip part and my cards in the snap. I only keep 4 cards- ID, debit, cc, sb plus any receipts and cash if i have. You can definitely fit way more if you wanted to. I don't use the chain for my keys, i cross it to the other side so its the shortest and hook it on my finger whenever i run to the store.

From using both I prefer the emp. It's just more functional. But if you want something super slim and only carry a couple of cards then I would suggest the Vernis. But honestly in that case I would just opt for a card holder instead of the Vernis cles.

Empreinte all the way! Look at some youtube reviews, it holds like 20+ cards. And if you want something empreinte for a bit less, check out the new empreinte card holder, it holds the same amount of cards, but doesn't have the key hook or back pocket.
Thank you for that info didn't notice the card holder till you mentioned it that looks great too!!!

Anyone have any real life pics of the Indian rose & fuchsia vernis key pouches? They both look the same colour on the website! I'm thinking of one of those or the Amarante shade.Thanks. :smile:

Anyone have any real life pics of the Indian rose & fuchsia vernis key pouches? They both look the same colour on the website! I'm thinking of one of those or the Amarante shade.Thanks. :smile:

Not a key pouch... but I have the 6-key holder in Indian Rose. It's a gorgeous color, and looks different depending on the light.

image_zpsxlkphu3p.jpeg

It's a gloomy day out, otherwise I'd take a picture for you in natural light (it's a little more pinky in natural light).

Not a key pouch... but I have the 6-key holder in Indian Rose. It's a gorgeous color, and looks different depending on the light.

image_zpsxlkphu3p.jpeg

It's a gloomy day out, otherwise I'd take a picture for you in natural light (it's a little more pinky in natural light).

Lovely! Is there a little pocket on the back of the key holders?