Vernis key pouch/cles for coins? Or usually cards?

ducky112

I heart the bean
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
Hello!

I need to find a coin purse so I'm contemplating on the vernis key pouch/cles. I recently got the pallas clutch and I use a Victorine wallet with. I don't really want to put coins in the zipper compartment of the Victorine so I put cards in there instead. Now that all my cards have been taken care of, I have no place for my coins. I normally use big wallets so I've never really had this issue before. I know the monogram/DE canvas cles fits coins well because my mother in law has one but I really want the vernis version. The vernis one looks a bit narrow so I'm wondering if anyone uses it for coins? Any input helps!

IMG_1490646905.632513.jpg

It fits less than the canvas cles but is gusseted on one side so it expands for you to see the coins inside. If you're looking for vernis then it's a good choice. You can also look at the vernis card holder which has a button closure. It's not as secure but it will fit more.

I have the vernis cles in red, the same as the one in the picture. It has plenty of room for coins and folded notes. It also has a card slot on the back that can comfortably fit around four cards. I use it as a mini wallet when I'm carrying a small bag. I say go for it! :smile:

I've used the vernis cles for years as my main keyholder, coin and note holder and also a couple of cards. I find it a great size, I take mine when walking the dogs, to work etc instead of a wallet. It holds up great, apart from some dirty marks on the inside from the coins the rest of it is great. It's a lot tougher than it looks. I'll buy another one for the same use when this one get too abused.

I personally use mine more for cards and the occasional note, although occasionally I'll put in a few higher-value coins (i.e. loonies and toonies here in Canada) and it won't get bulky. The vernis version does hold a bit less than the canvas one since it's tapered towards the bottom and gusseted on only one side.

I had the older style of this with the plate and sold it

I used it as a mini wallet and found it great for cards and notes. I didn't feel it can fit that many coins. Also I found it really hard to get my coins out when I had about 5-6 cards+1-2 notes in it

I love the vernis cles. I have a few. I have used the zipped compartment specifically for cash and coins. I never have a problem with it since it expands.