Vernis Color Transfer

shr1mp

Feb 14, 2013
Northern VA
I tried searching the threads for this answer, but I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of the search tool yet.

I have my heart set on getting a sarah wallet in empreinte amarante, but while reading a thread last week someone mentioned color transfer but didn't elaborate any further. Will the color of the wallet transfer onto the alcantara lining??

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I tried searching the threads for this answer, but I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of the search tool yet.

I have my heart set on getting a sarah wallet in empreinte amarante, but while reading a thread last week someone mentioned color transfer but didn't elaborate any further. Will the color of the wallet transfer onto the alcantara lining??
Do you mean vernis? If amarante, you would be fine. There is no empriente version of the Sarah wallet.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Yep...I'm retarded. I meant the Sarah Vernis in the amarante color. Do you know if there's a problem with color transfer??
It's such a deep rich color that there should be no issues like with lighter vernis colors. It's a gorgeous piece!

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
OK great! And the Vernis color won't transfer onto the lining of my Artsy or Galliera, correct??
Oh no - I thought you meant the other way. Since patent is resin/plastic coated leather, it's comparable to how coated canvas is made.