Vernis Color Transfer ~ Advice Needed!

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Now that I finally have my Vernis Alma BB, I think that she would be the perfect bag to carry my Vernis mini heart coin purse. Problem is that the BB is in Amarante and the Heart is Blanc Corail and I'm worried about color transfer! Has anyone used a white Vernis accessory on the outside of a dark Vernis bag? Should I be nervous and not wear them together?

They're just so pretty together...

Attachments

• Alma_BB_Amarante_wHeart.jpg
    Alma_BB_Amarante_wHeart.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,541
I would think it'd be ok as long as it doesn't get wet or hot and "sweaty" kwim? If something causes the heart to actually stick to the bag i think it would transfer color. But i think if it just hangs and sort of bounces around it would be fine. I love the blanc hearts! And the BBs! You have great taste.

I would think it'd be ok as long as it doesn't get wet or hot and "sweaty" kwim? If something causes the heart to actually stick to the bag i think it would transfer color. But i think if it just hangs and sort of bounces around it would be fine. I love the blanc hearts! And the BBs! You have great taste.

This is great advice. I didn't even think about it getting wet! I'll be sure to unclip the heart if I have to go out in the rain. I'm also trying to use the key bell thing hang somewhat between the heart and the bag so that there is never full flush contact. (We seem to often be chasing the same bags so our 'great taste' is shared.:biggrin:) Thanks for your reply!

I doubt the vernis transfers color to another vernis item -- just because the vernis/patent coating (which is some form of vinyl/plastic) would likely not rub off any color. Your bigger concern should be whether your blanc coin purse will get color transfer from your clothing.

Your bigger concern should be whether your blanc coin purse will get color transfer from your clothing.

Great, new things to worry about. :P I think the clothing should be okay because I'll always have the heart side facing out (so the world can see!) I'm also worried about direct sunlight causing it to yellow. Maybe I should have just gone with the RF heart. I guess there's still time... :graucho:

Great, new things to worry about. :P I think the clothing should be okay because I'll always have the heart side facing out (so the world can see!) I'm also worried about direct sunlight causing it to yellow. Maybe I should have just gone with the RF heart. I guess there's still time... :graucho:

i wouldn't worry about these things. You should just use it and love it! I mean it is way to pretty just to stare at, right?? And deep down wouldn't you rather use it and love it and take a small risk of color transfer or yellowing than to never use it at all? ;).