Vernis bag

Devonmusic

O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
Hi all!
Would really love to add a vernis bag to my ever growng collection ...any thoughts? I see a lot of Thompson streets floating around.. I already have two speedy 30 and a 25, a neverfull and a pochette accesories ...I don't think I want a handheld since I already have 3 speedys...

also I just got a vernis agenda ( gotta get inserts for 2009)so I haven't used it yet ..is a vernis bag something I really need to shiver over? I mean handle carefully? ..I take good care of my LV"s but I hate the idea of worrying over it.. how sturdy are we talking here?

Thanks for the info and suggestions...

I have a Roxbury Drive in Perle - and I love it; it can be used as a clutch for evening, but is just big enough to be used as a small daytime bag. The only thing I would say is that the colour is very high maintenance. I was wearing a pink top, and had the bag on my shoulder (that bag has a shoulder strap that comes with it) and some of the pink transferred onto the vernis. The colour transfer isn't obvious, but it bothers me, because I can see it.

On the other hand I have a Vernis Viennoise wallet in Amarante and that dark colour shows up fingerprints very easily, which means I am constantly wiping it.

Next on my list is a Vernis Alma in Amarante (the colour is versatile & won't be as susceptible to colour transfer).

Vernis is durable, looks delicate & luscious, but you'll be fine. I don't baby my bags, I'm not careless, but I use them and all my Vernis bags & accessories still look beautiful!

I own a pomme Roxbury drive, Violet Makeup case, and an Amarante agenda and they've all held up very well so far. They're definitely durable although I try my best to keep certain objects (like my keys) away from my items since I didn't want to risk scratching my accessories.

I own 3 Vernis pieces and I have not had any problems with them. I would suggest getting something in Pomme before it's discontinued. The Roxbury is versatile, you can use it as a hand held or shoulder bag.

I have a few items and Vernis is absolutely my Favorite LV leather!! It's the most elegant and I find it not as "common" as the monogram.....As for colours...I tend to go for the more neutral colour (beige, perle...) because I find them not as "seasonal" so I can use them for a long time!!

I have several vernis items..all in violette and they are very durable. The only thing that I worry about is PRINT transfer and scratches. My wallet is a little scratched (lightly) from my keys, and I did get a tiny bit of print transfer on my agenda when I used it while I traveled. My bag is still in mint condition but only b/c I haven't used it. Since it's Violette, I'm not worried about color transfer. The darker colors don't have that problem. Otherwise, it's still great, and I love the color..so I will try to be more careful..hehe

I think Vernis is an absolutely wonderful choice. I have several and they've all held very well. Unless you really work to scratch them they will stay looking brand new.

And I believe that Pomme will be retired next since it was introduced before Violette.

I think Vernis is an absolutely wonderful choice. I have several and they've all held very well. Unless you really work to scratch them they will stay looking brand new.

And I believe that Pomme will be retired next since it was introduced before Violette.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :wtf: I need to get a Cles in this color QUICKLY. That Roxbury of mine isn't enough since I don't carry it everyday, only on special occasions. I hope it sticks around during the holidays so I can get my cles!! Nyah! :crybaby: