Vernis Amarante?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mballen

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
I really like Vernis in the Amarante color and am thinking about getting a wallet. Does anyone have trouble with fingerprints on it? I've seen pictures that look quite smudgy.

I have the brea pm in amarante. It does show figerprints and also some dust even though I keep it in the dustbag. I carry a wipping cloth in the bag just in case. I don't mind too much just because it is such a beautiful color.

There are tons of threads on this if you do a search. And yes, the amarante is the only vernis to badly show fingerprints. If they bother you and constantly wiping them off would drive you nuts (and it would me), it's probably best to pick a different color, any other one.

I got the alma pm in amarante, and I cant stand the fingerprints, it has to go-
I will admire it on others, but having to deal with the constant prints, when I am super paranoid about my purses to begin with, its just too stressful for me!

I returned my Sarah wallet in Vernis amarante because the smudges from fingerprints was driving me NUTS!! I was constantly wiping it down until it was shiny again, but you'd have to do this with gloves on to keep it totally smudge free. I decided I couldn't live with a wallet like that so I exchanged it for a Sarah in mono and am so much happier. It was a gorgeous wallet but not worth the aggravation IMO. However, when I posted my upset about it, many people said the fngerprints didn't bother them.....I guess it depends how anal you are about 'shiny' surfaces. I wound up getting a vernis cles in Pomme to satisfy my vernis craving...and it doesn't show prints!

I would imagine on a bag that it wouldn't be too bad. An SLG is different, as it's bring handled more. I had an amarante agenda that I got rid of, due to the fingerprints from constant handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.