Vernis - Amarante - High Maintenance?

Apr 20, 2009
I love both the Pochette Felicie and the Alma BB in the vernis Amarante and don't know which I like better. Also, Amarante is so gorgeous and I've been eyeing it for years, but concerned about fingerprints.

Which would you choose - Felicie or Alma BB?

And, if you have any Amarante bags, do you regret them because of the fingerprint issue?

Thanks everyone!

I love both the Pochette Felicie and the Alma BB in the vernis Amarante and don't know which I like better. Also, Amarante is so gorgeous and I've been eyeing it for years, but concerned about fingerprints.

Which would you choose - Felicie or Alma BB?

And, if you have any Amarante bags, do you regret them because of the fingerprint issue?

Thanks everyone!
I would choose the Alma BB, it is such an adorable bag. The Alma is an iconic shape and you will not regret it!

I own the Alma PM and I love it. I don't notice fingerprints that much on my bag, however, my matching SLGs, I do notice it more.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I have a credit card holder in amarante (not sure exact name). I've had for years and use everyday and I was just thinking how great it has been holding up. In fact I was thinking a wallet and/or bag might be necessary! No fingerprints and I certainly don't baby it at all.

Both are beautiful but I would go with the alma bb. I love the shape. The bag is very versatile. The size is small but it can fit essentials comfortably.

I have a bag and a few slgs in Amarante. I fell in love with this vernis color and had to have a set of it...lol. Fingerprints are visible but it was not an issue to me. I got more Amarante items even after having seen this first hand. It's really not as bad as it is made out to be. Idk..maybe I don't put that many fingerprints on mine. If there are fingerprints, I just wipe them off at the end of the day, no big deal.

Between the alma bb and Felicie, the fingerprint 'issue' will be less prevalent on the alma bb since you won't be touching the entire bag but just the top or handles. You will likely hold the felicie everywhere because it is smaller.

I think you should go for it and enjoy the beauty of an Amarante bag instead of getting hung up on fingerprints :smile:

Reactions: Accessorized
Both are beautiful but I would go with the alma bb. I love the shape. The bag is very versatile. The size is small but it can fit essentials comfortably.

I have a bag and a few slgs in Amarante. I fell in love with this vernis color and had to have a set of it...lol. Fingerprints are visible but it was not an issue to me. I got more Amarante items even after having seen this first hand. It's really not as bad as it is made out to be. Idk..maybe I don't put that many fingerprints on mine. If there are fingerprints, I just wipe them off at the end of the day, no big deal.

Between the alma bb and Felicie, the fingerprint 'issue' will be less prevalent on the alma bb since you won't be touching the entire bag but just the top or handles. You will likely hold the felicie everywhere because it is smaller.

I think you should go for it and enjoy the beauty of an Amarante bag instead of getting hung up on fingerprints :smile:

This!

Reactions: bh4me
I love Amarante. I had a bag in it but sold it several months back. It wasn't because I didn't love the color but more because the shape of the bag was awkward and I didn't carry it much. It did get fingerprints but they weren't a big deal and I'd just wipe it off once in awhile. I was always really careful about what I set it on and next to because I didn't want transfer.

They are two very different bags, but both are beautiful in amarante. I have an epi Alma BB and really wanted to love the Felicie, but felt I couldn't get use to how small it is. My BB at times can be hard to get in and out of, but the solution is just not to carry much. When I bought the Felicie (and the very next day took it back), I bought in the magenta color. Yes, even with that color you could immediately see fingerprints. I then bought the Clemence wallet in magenta because I adore the color. As others have said through other posts..... You just get past noticing the fingerprints. If you love amarante get which ever piece you'll love and use. Alma is a classic, but many people on this forum LOVE the Felicie.

Hi fashiongal1, I have the monogram Felicie and the alma BB in vernis rose velours. I have the brea in amarante, and the color is beautiful. The fingerprints are not an issue for me cause I don't have to handle the bag as much. But you'd have to handle the felice more than the alma as other members have said, but you can always wipe off fingerprints. The felice holds a lot less than the alma. So if space is a concern, I say Alma, classic and so beautiful in Amarante. I love how it looks different in certain light.

Thank you everyone so much for your thoughts - still debating! I need to go to the store this week and take a look again. My only concern with the Alma BB is that I am short (5 feet tall) and the strap is a bit long on me. The strap is also long on the Felicie, but since the bag is so small and flat, it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. But the Felicie doesn't hold much - I guess both would be more evening bags. I just love the Amarante - it's so gorgeous!

Reactions: snibor
Thank you everyone so much for your thoughts - still debating! I need to go to the store this week and take a look again. My only concern with the Alma BB is that I am short (5 feet tall) and the strap is a bit long on me. The strap is also long on the Felicie, but since the bag is so small and flat, it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. But the Felicie doesn't hold much - I guess both would be more evening bags. I just love the Amarante - it's so gorgeous!

I have the alma BB in vernis amarante and it's actually not hard to look after :smile: i dont let it bump into things when i wear it crossbody.

Im your height and the long strap was initially my reservation, but i can now work around that. When worn crossbody, its perfect and when carried on the crook of my arm, it gives an elegant and chic look.

I agree with the other poster on the alma BB being such a timeless design and so cute in the bb size. It can also hold so much, and fairly easy to take things in and out, especially compared to the Lady Dior medium and chanel medium flap, although theyre the same size.good luck and please share wit us what you got :smile:

I love the Felicie bag more. Having had both bags the Felicie fits my needs better and as for fingerprints this color vernis is the worst. I purchased a bag in amaranthe and returned it, the fingerprint issue was a deal breaker. Good luck deciding.

Amarante is not high maintenance, Vernis actually wears very well. Like you stated, the only thing that drove me bonkers was the finger prints. I can't stand it and found myself wiping my zippy wallet constantly because of it. It trigger my OCD tendencies. Since youre thinking of buying a bag in this print...it might not be too bad because you won't be constantly handling it like a wallet. I'm bias, i would go for the alma BB since I have it on my wishlist in forever.

Reactions: iykyk
I have the Louise GM in amarante, and the colour is really gorgeous. Get compliments on this bag all the time. I just wipe off with microfibre towel once in a while, but it is worth it. Have you considered the Mira? It might be a little bigger than the Felicie pochette? I have the Felicie in magenta, and it is more a woc than a bag. But very nice still for evenings.