Vernis Alma PM - OUCH!

burberrygrl

Feb 24, 2008
I went into our boutique yesterday to scope out the Bleu Nuit Alma PM for a potential Mother's Day present. I was really surprised to find it difficult to get my hand in the bag without scratching myself on the zipper... and this was with it fully unzipped. The SA said it would probably "relax" after a while, but my other vernis pieces have not seemed to soften over time. Even though I am a slender gal, the loops to put my arm through were really small as well. Sadly, I think I have to take it out of the running. Boo!

I thought I would warn others who might have their hearts set on this beauty. It might not be a deal breaker for someone else, but with a new baby, I have to keep functionality somewhat in mind.

I did walk away with a Pomme ZCP as a consolation prize, so all was not lost! I'll keep searching for that perfect Mother's Day bag...

Awww, so sorry to hear that. I, too, was going to buy the vernis alma pm, but once I tried on the MM, I realized that the PM would not be practical for me. Have you considered the MM?

Yeah the PM is quite small...I couldn't believe how small it really was...but cute though!!!
I'm thinking perhaps it would do for a nice evening bag...Hmm, maybe??

When I saw the PM on the website I was thinking "Well, PM, it might be small, but it looks ok in size." When I saw it in the store I realized how small it was! I didn't even think about the opening being small and the zipper.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. For me the pm size is just right for all my daily essentials and I love how it looks on me. The zipper can get a bit tight but not a flaw I can't tolerate :smile: Congrats on your purchase!

I saw it in the boutique and was playing with it and it is pretty small...that surprised me because it should be the same size as the epi alma. For some reason to me it was smaller than the epi.

I have a PM and its the perfect size for me. I never realized how small the handles are until I was wearing a trench coat that had buckles on the sleeve.. That's when I had difficulty putting my arm through it and it was terrible..

I was thinking the same thing! Especially in amarante.

Yeaaaah, exactly! But the blue nuit is exquisite also...i really want one, but i can't decide which one...i can't get both though since i'm getting Ms. Courtney, lol...Don't you have the blue nuit? I think i saw your reval...it's amazing!!!

I think i would still get the PM, but only for special outtings i guess...:nuts:

I have Alma PM (in Bleu Nuit) and find the size is perfect. It's not too bulky to lug around, I can fit everything in it, I don't have a problem with the zipper/opening... although it is a little narrower than a lot of bags I can still get things in & out easily (and have never been bitten by the zipper!!) You could certainly get away with using it for an evening bag (a bit big for very formal occasions though). I haven't even given the handle size a thought. I would ignore the SA saying the leather will 'relax' - I don't think Vernis relaxes at all, nor should it IMO! I love my PM - but am a bit short and the large Almas just look silly on me. Probably if you've had one of the larger sizes then the smaller capacity and narrower opening will be a lot more noticeable.