Tech Verizon Phone Releases?

Its kinda funny about me saying I wanted my dare to last until my next upgrade yesterday. Today about every 7th tect I get, when I go to open them the phone resets itself. I guess I will take it in to verizon tomorrow. his is my second Dare, the first one after 3 days the harddrive was completely fried.

Mine is weird like that too! Sometimes when I erase my inbox or delete a picture it resets itself. Hope you get it worked out!

If you are looking for a smartphone (but then Verizon requires you sign up for the data/email plan) with actual keypad, HTC is a great one to try. I have the Touch Pro (touch screen but it also has a slide out keypad) and it's been working well.

Thanks I'll look into that. I'm partial to LG phones because for the most part they've been the ones I've had the best luck with but I'm open to new things too!

I would go for an iPhone if Verizon picked it up except for ONE detail-- I have heard you can't send/receive picture texts and I use them daily so that's a major selling point for me and a major con for the iPhone. I love Apple products in general but I just don't understand how a phone that has SO many really useful abilities and apps can't send a picture message! Unless I was misinformed, in which case disregard all this lol.

I would go for an iPhone if Verizon picked it up except for ONE detail-- I have heard you can't send/receive picture texts and I use them daily so that's a major selling point for me and a major con for the iPhone. I love Apple products in general but I just don't understand how a phone that has SO many really useful abilities and apps can't send a picture message! Unless I was misinformed, in which case disregard all this lol.

The recently released iPhone 3GS can send and receive text pictures, ATT just hasn't started offering the service to them yet. It'll be a couple months, but they're capable of it.

The recently released iPhone 3GS can send and receive text pictures, ATT just hasn't started offering the service to them yet. It'll be a couple months, but they're capable of it.

Thanks. I wondered about the new ones. Im sticking with Verizon either way but if they did ever pick up the iPhone they would definitely have to offer picture messaging for me to want one! Lol, I guess I'm picky?

DO you guys know if verizon is going to get the new blackberry curve?

They were meant to get one called the Niagra [basically looks the same as the new Curve] that was to be manufactured solely for them. But, as with a lot of phones, release dates keep getting changed, then no one knows if it's even going to come out, etc. I asked about it before purchasing my Storm back in March because I wanted to make sure they had no new BBs or smartphones lined up to come out right after I purchased mine.

And to comment about the 'thread chatting', the BBs have it [at least the Storm does], and I love it. I always forget what I've sent to friends when I get their replies. So, it saves me from having to keep going back to read what I wrote. The message capacity is very high, as well. I've never received a warning that my space is slow, although I do tend to delete my messages spontaneously.

And to comment about the 'thread chatting', the BBs have it [at least the Storm does], and I love it. I always forget what I've sent to friends when I get their replies. So, it saves me from having to keep going back to read what I wrote. The message capacity is very high, as well. I've never received a warning that my space is slow, although I do tend to delete my messages spontaneously.

Can you tell me anything about the data plan with a Blackberry? Sorry that I don't have a more specific question than that, but I do like the Storm as well (despite not having keys, which is generally why I started this thread to begin with) but I've heard that the data plan is mandatory.

Yes, the data plan is mandatory with Verizon [IDK why?]. The regular plan is $30/month. If you need the business one, it's around $60, I think.
I actually liked the Storm, because unlike the iPhone, it has a push screen [no idea what the real term is, haha] so that it feels like you're using a real keypad. But, for some odd reason, they say that the new generation Storms are not gonna have it?

The screen is what I liked about the Storm haha. What is included in the data plan? $30 is a lot if it's features that I won't use or have any reason to have. Right now on my Dare I have the unlimited data plan which is $15 a month for unlimited web access, would it basically be the same thing on the BB but for twice as much? Because if so, I'd rather pay $15 and not have a BB lol.

The screen is what I liked about the Storm haha. What is included in the data plan? $30 is a lot if it's features that I won't use or have any reason to have. Right now on my Dare I have the unlimited data plan which is $15 a month for unlimited web access, would it basically be the same thing on the BB but for twice as much? Because if so, I'd rather pay $15 and not have a BB lol.

They only bump it up to $30 because the internet is more advanced, so to speak. So, I would keep the phone you have now if you don't have a burning desire for a BB.

Thanks for the info. My upgrade isn't until January, but I'm one who will research things to death just to be sure I get what is best for what I need it for and what will make me the happiest :smile: So I'm exploring all options!

Good! More people should do that. :] I know a lot of people want instant gratification, so they'll buy a phone then not end up liking it, and it's not like you can just return it and get a new phone [well, after 30 days, haha].
I was in the Verizon store the other day to inquire about the problem I've been having with my Storm, and some guy comes in and says that he's had his Samsung Omnia for a few months and doesn't like it. I was like, what are they gonna do about it? Sorry, kid. He should've returned it in the first month... seeing as you'd probably realize by then that you don't like it? Haha.

Exactly! I read reviews and go in-store to play with phones and make sure I can find the kind of accesssories I might want (cases and things) and everything else I can think of before I commit to a phone! It should be required lol