Verdura

There's going to be a Christie's auction June 14 with an amazingly unique ruby and onyx Verdura cuff. I think most people would agree the cuff with a Maltese cross is their iconic piece.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 925
My SA at NM has a cuff in that he was willing to give me for a steal but my DH hated it. CoCo Chanel actually had tons of Verdura cuffs and created her pieces based off those designs.

Attachments

• verdurasmaller.JPG
    verdurasmaller.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,001
Love Verdura. Love. Out of my price range right now, so I limit my Verdura buys to art books about his jewelry and design. I fear that's as close as I'm likely to get. I'm happy just looking at those yummies.

I have always admired Verdura. For years, I wanted the iconic gold chain link bracelet. Several years back, I came very close to buying one. At the time, they came in all gold, gold with wood links and a gold with white ceramic links. I was torn about which one to buy and ended up buying an Hermes bag instead.

They were in the 8k to 11k range then. Now they are over 20K and way out of my price range for good. Wish I had gotten one.:sad:

My SA at NM has a cuff in that he was willing to give me for a steal but my DH hated it. CoCo Chanel actually had tons of Verdura cuffs and created her pieces based off those designs.

This cuff was 47K and they reduced it to 29K. It's a heavy piece and beautiful in person. My DH thought it looked like a wonder woman cuff. :sad:

Vendura has a huge fan group here in DC. I am not a huge fan; I am more into the VCA/Cartier stuff. Many women wear them so well that I was even tempted once till my NM SA put a stop on me. She said it's simply not me.

Reactions: AuthenticChanel
This cuff was 47K and they reduced it to 29K. It's a heavy piece and beautiful in person. My DH thought it looked like a wonder woman cuff. :sad:

It's gorgeous and what a steal! But I don't think I can ever afford one, if I ever could get a dream Verdura cuff I would have to double the price as I want two - I think it would be so cool to have one on each wrist...

There's something Schlumberger/Tiffanys about it, without the delicacy...

It could look different on! Who knows

similar in motifs drawn from nature and other classical references i suppose. most schlumberger is very heavy and bulky. particularly the enamels. the important pieces arent "everyday" --I was hoping for something really wearable on a regular basis....