Vera Bradley

Dani

Feb 3, 2006
So. I'm absolutely loving this handbag forum, I've been learning SO much about handbags, and you guys are all so sweet. :smile:

I'm curious to know what is thought about Vera Bradley's line of handbags/luggagel. I used to pass off Vera Bradley as just being ugly bags with weird prints- PLUS I'm a college student, so I'm bombarded by about a zillion vera bradley totes with sorority letters sewn onto them :-P (nothing against sorority girls, one of my best girls from back home is one)
buuuuuuuuuuut. Lately I've developed a little bit of a weakness for them! There's something charming about the comfy, quilted little bags- and they go well with casual outfits. I have a pink little toggle tote- and a reaalllly teeny nantucket navy one ( I can't remember the name).

So, Vera Bradley... what's the verdict?

charming- perhaps whimsical little line of bags, that can be worn by a mom, college student, or anyone....

or fugly, inexplicably popular line of bags that should be left to greek life and unfashionable travellers? :-P I'd love to hear your thoughts!

:smile:

To tell you the truth, I've never heard of this brand before...but I think I've seen them on people though. I just checked out their website out of curiousity and now I know why I never heard of them...:huh:.. just kidddding. I'm not a cherrie, flowery, fabric bag person, so it's hard for me to judge, but I have to admit I'm kinda liking them for the beach, park, etc. and the prices are great, so if I damage it I won't cry my eyes out (I can see why students like them).

I actually think that Vera Bradley has some cute stuff for casual use. Like a tote for the weekend or a cute makeup bag to add a splash of color.... They are whimsical in the right size and style.

i have seen those bags before and i had no idea that they were actually associated with a name brand/designer. all this time i just thought they were a hippie chic kinda thing that u get in the L.L. Bean catalogue or something. who knew?!

anyway i never liked them, but that's cause i associated them with being dowdy.

my roomate over the summer at cornell (summer program) had very bradley EVERYTHING. to tell you the truth, i have never been a huge fan of her stuff to begin with. but waking up every morning to warehouse worthy quantities made things worse. i just see it as cheap looking and somewhat tacky (no offense to anyone who owns her stuff). oh well, i guess to each her own.

I've never actually seen Vera Bradley items retailling here.. and I really don't like their designs at all. But different strokes for different folks.

I think Vera Bradley is cute! So preppy and fun. Reminds me of what the girls at the Seven Sisters College would carry. I've wanted the duffle (duffel?) bag for a long time but I'm afraid it'd get dirty to easily. Are they easy to clean?

Also, I see a lot of them on Ebay. Are there really faux Vera Bradleys?

I've seen them, but I don't love them for me personally. They're a little too French Provencial-ish for a handbag for me.
I do know they have a big fan base though.

I like the designs...all the little pockets & I like how comfy & lightweight they are. But...I really don't like the flower designs. I wish they'd have them in solid colors or in "hipper" prints...

Dani said:
So. I'm absolutely loving this handbag forum, I've been learning SO much about handbags, and you guys are all so sweet. :smile:

I'm curious to know what is thought about Vera Bradley's line of handbags/luggagel. I used to pass off Vera Bradley as just being ugly bags with weird prints- PLUS I'm a college student, so I'm bombarded by about a zillion vera bradley totes with sorority letters sewn onto them :-P (nothing against sorority girls, one of my best girls from back home is one)
buuuuuuuuuuut. Lately I've developed a little bit of a weakness for them! There's something charming about the comfy, quilted little bags- and they go well with casual outfits. I have a pink little toggle tote- and a reaalllly teeny nantucket navy one ( I can't remember the name).

So, Vera Bradley... what's the verdict?

charming- perhaps whimsical little line of bags, that can be worn by a mom, college student, or anyone....

or fugly, inexplicably popular line of bags that should be left to greek life and unfashionable travellers? :-P I'd love to hear your thoughts!

:smile:

I know a lot of people on this forum seem to hate them, but I love them! Especially the travel size totes. In college, I avoided them like a plague, but they grew on me over time. I'm not really into buying really nice travel bags, and these are just perfect for me. I have different prints/sizes for various occasions. Oh, I love the mini Betsey, kind of like a pochette or miniature version of a regular-sized bag...I use it when I'm running a quick errand. Oh, sadly, they also make really great lunch and knitting totes. God, I sound old.

marspalm said:
they seem very practical but they always reminded me of some little old granny's knitting bag that her friend esther made for her... i just can't get into it

Yes, I'm afraid that's my reaction too. Don't really care for them.

I like the hanging bag covers, at least you could pick out your bag then while traveling--brightly colored prints, rather than the standard black hang bag.

The purses do nothing for me, but one of my very best friends just loves them. To each his own, I guess

My aunt works in a botique that carries them and gave me one as a gift. Its a toggle tote and I was wondering what she was thinking! I carried it to the beach and got so attached to it I purchased a larger one to use as a carry on. Some of their prints aren't my taste but they sure are comfortable to carry, wash well, and I didn't have to worry about damaging an expensive bag when I was throwing it in an overhead bin with everyone elses bags. I now like Vera Bradly!

I see them on people of every age. Depends on your taste and what you will use it for. Some of their patterns are definately better than others.