Vera Bradley Bags: Yay or Nay?

I have two Vera's - a Java Blue tote and a villager in Botanica. Because of the pattern, I carry mine in the spring and summer. They make the best travel/ outdoor activity (such as going to park, picnics, etc) bags! I can sit it on the ground or on a picnic table with no qualms. Plus, I love how the patterns add a little fun to an otherwise plain outfit such as pearls, jeans and a tank top, etc.

I have other bags but during the spring/summer, VBs are definitely in my handbag rotation.

I cannot tell a lie...I like Veras...not as purses (except maybe for a day at the ballpark), but the big duffels and little accessories. :nuts:

vera2.jpg

I have two in the frenchy looking Classic Black---a laptop bag that I use to keep my needlework and then a large tote I use for the pool or travel---holds my laptop and knitting. But that's the extent of it. I like that they're lightweight for traveling. :smile:

Big nay for me. Where I'm living, just about every single girl/woman above 12 has a Vera. I'm just so tired of seeing them everywhere I look that any cuteness-factor has left the building for me.

I thought I used to like them - I was really into Pierre Deux for awhile way back when....waaayyy back when.....but I don't care for the "older" look to it. They wash like a dream though....but they NEVER looked good with my style.
They only thing I kept of hers was a wonderful gargantuan overnight duffle bag in the Sherbet pattern....I take her for overnight trips etc....

I love them....I have about 20 bags, duffels and accessories. They are excellent for travel, the duffels and fit alot without being heavy...the accessories i have a bunch of cosmetics bags to hold my tons of makeup in and the bags are great to just run out with on a rainy day when you dont feel like carrying your super expensive and weather-risque bags. They are just good to have around and cool if ya pick a nice, cute pattern.

I do like looking at them, all of the pretty colors and patterns. They are not my style, however, so I would not own one. My mom loves them. They look really nice on her.

They look like something Grandma sewed up from her scraps. I really hate it when people criticize things I love, but you asked, and I don't see the appeal at all in these.

I like the colors and patterns and I like that they're washable. But I'm still getting over my East Coast college experience where EVERYONE (and their mother and their grandmother) had one. I was really glad when the same everyone decided to switch to Longchamps so there was at least some variety. They're really not my style but I've been trying to figure out a way to get at least an accessory case into my wardrobe. I need a little color :smile: