Venting...

As others have stated- I would just ignore the comments.

However... a few of us need to be respectful to other people. If someone purchased something new and posted a thread about it with pics, is it really necessary to post how you feel about the new purchase if the OP wasn't asking for opinions? Sure, we're all entitled to freedom of speech, but we have to remember to be respectful to each other. I'm not targeting anyone in particular, just those who sometimes have offensive comments. My motto: "If you don't have anything positive to say, keep to yourself and skip that thread!"

Unless you asked for an opinion, it is rude of someone to just state their bad opinion and burst your bubble. If I see a post where someone purchased a new bag that I don't like, I will congratulate them and leave it at that or I won't post because I know there will be plenty of others who do like the bag and will congratulate them on it.

I want to repeat that this was not brought on by anyone here in the LV Forum. This was another designer forum at TPF. I wasn't bothered so much by the people who posted that the bag wasn't to their taste. It was the "fugly" that did it. And it appeared TWICE by two different posters.

The entire point of my post was that I liked a particular bag and wanted to know if anyone in the designer forum knew its name, price and release date. That was it. No opinions asked for. Suddenly, I was barraged with opinions. I didn't really care but the nasty language took me by surprise because we here in LV don't do that to each other.

Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone. It's also nice to know that maybe people will think twice before hitting the "post reply" button without re-reading their words.

~I'm sorry to hear that *Restricter*. Unfortunately, that has happened to me numerous of time:mad:-I can't really bark back 'cause these pp are the pp I work with. Sometimes, I just walk away and keep quiet...sometimes, I would replied "Hey, what can I say-I'm just SHALLOW" hahaha... :roflmfao:You should have seen their faces.

Ha ha! I love this one! I can totally hear myself saying this!

Unfortunately, there are ALOT of IDIOTS on this planet. Don't let them bother you. You are the one deciding what you want to spend your money on, and don't let the rudeness of others bring you down!

The internet gives people anonymity so they say things that they would not normally say in person. And sometimes manners fly right out of the window. We all need to think if we would say what we are typing to the person’s face.
Sorry that you had a bad experience. Remember that there are different styles of bags for everyone. And something that doesn’t look good on me, looks tremendous on someone else! Enjoy all of your bags and share that love – that’s why we’re here on TPF.

I want to repeat that this was not brought on by anyone here in the LV Forum. This was another designer forum at TPF. I wasn't bothered so much by the people who posted that the bag wasn't to their taste. It was the "fugly" that did it. And it appeared TWICE by two different posters.

The entire point of my post was that I liked a particular bag and wanted to know if anyone in the designer forum knew its name, price and release date. That was it. No opinions asked for. Suddenly, I was barraged with opinions. I didn't really care but the nasty language took me by surprise because we here in LV don't do that to each other.

Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone. It's also nice to know that maybe people will think twice before hitting the "post reply" button without re-reading their words.

^^^^^^

Yeah, sweetie, I too, was shocked at how hostile that other forum was....which is why I posted that you could PM me....I find that some (not ALL) moderators tend to be more open with their opinions than others, not especially here in LV, but in others. People often "hi-jack" the thread, and instead of just reading it and moving on, they feel they must always put their measly $.02 cents worth.....
Anyway, I will try to find that bag, but it won't be easy !!!

Here, restricter.....a drink to OUR good taste in handbags.......:drinks:

Unless you asked for an opinion, it is rude of someone to just state their bad opinion and burst your bubble. If I see a post where someone purchased a new bag that I don't like, I will congratulate them and leave it at that or I won't post because I know there will be plenty of others who do like the bag and will congratulate them on it.

My thoughts exactly!

So sorry this happened to you when you were only looking for information, not opinions.

I agree with what you have said, restricter. There are bags that some members post that I don't care for either, but I would never say anything about it being ugly. I would simply congratulate the person on getting a bag he or she loves.
I would try not to take this behavior personally, though. Chalk it up to lack of etiquette and move on.

I'm sorry...

I was on another forum and instead of my bags, my personhood was attacked. I was lumped into the category of "fake people" by a member and another jumped on the bandwagon. Sometimes it becomes a personal outrage or vendetta for reasons unknown, except perhaps people are not always happy with themselves despite having good fortune and health and feel a need to fuel the hate machine.

When you have a post asking do you like this bag and then someone posts they don't the person gets bashed. So why even bother asking the question. I mean how many "that's lovely" posts does one need???? People have different tastes and if someone says a bag is ugly that is their opinion. We all know that there are some very expensive ugly bags out there.

^^^^^^

Yeah, sweetie, I too, was shocked at how hostile that other forum was....which is why I posted that you could PM me....I find that some (not ALL) moderators tend to be more open with their opinions than others, not especially here in LV, but in others. People often "hi-jack" the thread, and instead of just reading it and moving on, they feel they must always put their measly $.02 cents worth.....
Anyway, I will try to find that bag, but it won't be easy !!!

Here, restricter.....a drink to OUR good taste in handbags.......:drinks:

Thanks! If you have trouble tracking down the bag, let me know and I can put you in touch with my store.