Vent About Price Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2006
I don't know if there is another thread entirely devoted to venting about the price increase, but I figured I would start one anyway. I'm still steaming about the fact that my medallion tote went up so much in price. I think that my days purchasing Chanel bags are over. I simply can't justify the prices. I have heard through the grapevine that they are trying to compete with Hermes. If that is the case i know for a fact that I won't be buying anymore Chanel bags. The day they start making each and every Chanel handbag by hand is the day that they should consider being more competitive with Hermes. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I don't think I am the only one who is getting a bit ill with Chanel's price increases.:throwup::cursing:

as much as i love chanel, they will never be hermes.
hermes does not mass produce bags and the Craftsmanship is superb
using the finest materials, they are able to make extremely high quality handbags because only one craft person makes each of their bags from start to finish. Most manufacturing today uses an assembly line, which results in one person doing a couple of parts of a bag and then someone else doing another couple of parts of it and so on. At Hermès, one person works on a handbag from start until finish. It takes anywhere from 18 to 24 working hours for one person to complete one bag.
so i don't think chanel should compete with hermes prices. if it will cost like hermes then i will buy a hermes.
however i still like classic chanel styles but not the new prices.

this actually has been beaten to death.
And I won't be buying Chanel if they ever strive to be anything like Hermes because I can't support Hermes style politics.
I'll close this, everyone is welcome to pull up any of the other threads on this topic:yes
Thanks! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.