Venice Satchel in Crinkle Black or Regular Black?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love the Venice style, but now that I have seen two blacks. The newer crinkle black lambskin and the regular ( I guess a bit more refined looking) black leather I can't decide. I have only seen pics online of both. I guess I am a bit worried of how crinkled the leather will be as it is already an edgy bag.
    Any thoughts opinions, or anyone with either or both bags! I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. I would love to know what people think about this too. Besides the difference in leather, the smoother leather has silver hardware and the crinkled leather has brass hardware. I prefer the look of the brass over the silver, but I think I prefer the smoother leather!

3. I have the crinkle black and I was debating the same thing before I bought it. The SA from botkier told me that the crinkle bag is also lighter in weight than the smooth. I have not seen the smooth IRL but the crinkle is definitely light and the leather is so soft!! I also like the hardware since I already have a black bag with silver HW. The crinkle in the leather is not too loud, the pic on LB site is pretty accurate. I hope this helps.:smile:

4. Thanks Cloud5, Ultimately I will have to see them in person I think. Hopefully the NYC boutique still has both styles. I am leaning towards the smoother leather looks wise,, but a lighter weight bag is very appealing too.

5. I am getting the satchel in regular black, should be delivered soon. I'll let you ladies know what I think of it. I wish the regular black came with the brass hardware since I have a MAB with silver hardware.

6. I received the bag and it is gorgeous. The leather is thin and soft and has a sheen to it, similar to Rebecca Minkoff's Noir. I'm surprised how lightweight the bag is. My bag did have a large patch of very wrinkled leather so it looks odd. I'm going to exchange it, but I think I will be using this bag for a very long time.

7. Isn't it beautiful! I love it. Where is the wrinkled patch?

blue I don't think you can go wrong with either style!

8. Unfortunately the wrinkled patch is on the side of the bag without zippers so it looks very obvious and odd. There's a scratch that I didn't notice right away too. I think the characteristics of this leather helps "hide" any scratches and scuffs so they're not so obvious which is good, so I don't have to baby it too much. I'm glad I can get a replacement.