Venice Hobo from Jessie Boutique damaged!

I filed with the BBB and filed a chargeback with my credit card company. I just got the chargeback paperwork from the cc company and have to send it in. They were not hopeful though due to the final sale policy. I think that this could still take awhile. . .

^ Glad to hear you've started the process of filing a chargeback! I'm pretty certain there have been instances of people getting their credit card companies to back them up in other cases like this where stores have a final sale policy, though. The fact remains that the store sold a damaged bag to you sight unseen, without disclosure of the damage, and stores' final sale policies aren't always the final word just because they say so, KWIM?

This could wind up being a pretty long and painful process, but keep going! You're absolutely in the right here, and the boutique's just atrocious with their behaviour and attitude. Good luck, and please do keep us updated!

Oh my goodness, I wish I saw this thread before I bought my bag! I received my Botkier bag from Jessie's boutique yesterday and its defective too. I posted pics on my Yellow Botkier bag thread. I emailed them as well but they haven't responded yet. I'm sorry this happened to you iluvhandbags, it def. sucks to be so excited to get a new bag and it's not what you expected. Any new news on your end?

I posted this in lilflygirl's thread too, but now that Jessie Boutique has done this to another customer, perhaps the two of you can "help" each other out with things like filing chargebacks with your respective CC companies, and filing complaints with the BBB?

iluvhandbags, if you could update your complaint with the BBB to reflect that this has happened again to another customer, maybe that'd spur them into taking further action, particularly if they get that second complaint from lilflygirl.

I'd also possibly print out or attach pictures from lilflygirl's thread to your CC company's chargeback paperwork too, as that might bolster your case with your CC company. In fact, if the two of you are comfortable doing so, perhaps you could scan your respective receipts and send the original pictures of your bags to each other, so that you can pass these on to your CC companies? I'm not too sure if that might help, so this is just a suggestion! :flowers:

I really hope the two of you can get your money back from Jessie Boutique! They really should not be allowed the satisfaction of keeping your money after selling you both defective bags... :cursing: