Veneta - New Design Coming Soon

Hi -

I went to BV yesterday and my SA showed me the new design of the iconic Veneta bag (large size) in Mona Lisa (purple) color. The new design will be coming in officially around November and December. What seems to be different is the new Veneta has a wider shoulder strap and the corners of the bag are somewhat rounder. The inner pocket is also more spacious. Price of the large veneta is 20% more than the current version in large though.

Hi -

I went to BV yesterday and my SA showed me the new design of the iconic Veneta bag (large size) in Mona Lisa (purple) color. The new design will be coming in officially around November and December. What seems to be different is the new Veneta has a wider shoulder strap and the corners of the bag are somewhat rounder. The inner pocket is also more spacious. Price of the large veneta is 20% more than the current version in large though.

Is this replacing the large Veneta or an alternative? 20 percent is quite a jump in price.

I do like the idea of the rounder corner. No sure how I feel about the wider strap. I'll look forward to seeing it.

I did see the actual bag in Mona Lisa and tried it on. Shoulder strap is more comfortable and features the intrecciato, however I am not sure if I like the new woven rim. I like Mona Lisa, but I think it is too much for a large veneta and would prefer this color in a small Veneta. So this might have affected how I see the bag.

According to SA, the new design will be replacing the current design. It is indeed a huge price jump. Not sure how much it will be sold in the US as I do not live there. However, BV prices here are almost the same as US's.

It does not look like Belly.

Reactions: jbags07
20% is a big increase. I don't really understand the need to redesign a classic, but I'll try to reserve judgment until I see it.

Probably so they can rejuvenate sales of the classic Veneta, especially for BV regulars who already have all (or some :smile:) the colours they want in a Veneta. Also reserving judgment particularly with a 20% increase!!