Veneta in Lilac vs. Elephant

Chrisy

O.G.
Jun 7, 2009
Ladies,

I've been eyeing for a Bottega purse for a couple of years now. I finally decide to get my first Bottega handbad. I narrow it down to either the veneta in Lilac or Elephant. I would like your input in which one to get.

I am looking for a casual purse to wear with light color clothing mainly white with some light grey and some light pink. I like the Lilac color but worry that color would seem out of season in the future. The elephant color is more neutral and wouldn't seem out of season in the future but I am worry about color transfer to the bag as it's such a light color. Your inputs are greatly appreicated.

Christina

I have a bag in each color and love them both. The lilac is really more neutral than you would think. I guess though I'd vote for the elephant.

Good luck!

My vote would be for the elephant :smile:

I don't know about the color transfer worry with the elephant - but I have some light color bags from few seasons ago like Colonial (a light yellowish green color) and never had problems with color transfer.

Liliac is such a lovely colour and I think it would look great with your wardrobe of white/grey/pink but for your first BV bag I'd agree with the rest and go with Elephant. I think you'll get more mileage out of it.

Elephant and you can always hope to win the lilac, although you would have to beat me out of it!! hahaha just kidding

I just bought a bag in elephant and really love the color. It's very neutral and seasonless. (hope that's a word)

I love both colors and you have valid concerns.
I would worry more about color transfer more than a color becoming out of season in the future

The BV experts can help you better on whether the seasonal colors of BV look outdated in few years ( but I don't believe they should)
Baggiana has a lilac(ish) handbag from the 70s and it still looks great

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...vintage-bags-pre-yr2000-pics-only-246421.html

note: all people who voted elephant color shouldn't win the lilac Veneta :lolots::roflmfao:

we must have pix for comparison! i LOVE elephant, but it is true this lilac is very neutral and not 6 year old girl lilac

Attachments

• DSC06336.jpg
    DSC06336.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC06337.jpg
    DSC06337.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC06334.jpg
    DSC06334.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 298
ssc0619 You are a lucky lady. How I wish I can just bring both home and don't have to think. Then the question would be what style to go with each color. Btw, what style is your elephant and lilac. Just curious.

annelovepuggy, jelt I agree. Elephant is more netural. Lilac is very feminine.

aaa_1188, sngsk Seasonal vs. mileage is always my dilemma. Perhaps, I should start a thread with this topic.

MenforBags Really, I was about to get the baby pink veneta in 2007 but hesitated when the SA mentioned about color transferred. The price was only 2/3 of today. :pout:

boxermom I am saving my fund to get either a nero or ebano montaigne bag hopefully next year so this veneta is my Christmas present and I am done this year.

kroquet I am crossing my finger to win the Lilac veneta :graucho:

Juda Your note is so funny.

doloresmia Thanks for the pictures.

The first time I fall in love with BV was seeing a beautiful purplish cabat sitting in the BV store about two years ago. My jaw dropped when the SA told me the price and didn't step back into the BV store for a while. Then I saw a baby pink veneta (2007) in the store again and couldn't resist picking it up. The SA told me it's price and it's within my price range. I didn't get it because worrying about color transfer as informed by the SA. I was in HK at the time (back home in LA now) and I think the humidity had a lot to do with the color transferred. Now I am ready to get myself my first lambskin light color purse. Part of my heart is screaming Lilac out loud but my wallet is telling me elephant is wise. :thinking::Push::sweatdrop:

Last edited:
I vote for Iliac.
I don't think Iliac will become out-seasoned in the future, girls love iliac forever, from 3 to 80 years old. I am waiting to get one when they are doing the season discount.

doloresmia, cute avatar!

Chrisy, I vote for lilac. Go with your 1st :heart:, I don't think lilac will go out of season and you make the rules if it's still 'in'.:yes: With your wadrobe colours choice, lilac should matched well.