Veneta, campana & sloane owners come in please

^^This bag is beautiful. I am sure you're loving it! You'll probably love it more once it softens up a bit. I like it a lot, and I love that it zips closed.

I'm not sure what you mean about the place on the Sloane getting darkened by touching it. Isn't it underneath the flap or inside the bag, then flaps over? I really don't know since I haven't seen it IRL.

I am tall and not petite. I don't know if the Pyramid or Sloane would be a better fit for me.

Boxermom, please add your opinion when you're able to since we have met and you might have a good idea which one of these would be good for me. Are you still out of town P?

Is there a Sloane owner here ..?? Do you kind of hold the edges to open the mag. snap thingy? That's what I meant. No matter if you're getting black or ebano, but I wonder if that would show after a while with lighter color .. ??

i have some sloan pictures somewhere with a tiny little BV SA modeling. you can see how the shape holds. have to go to lunch but will be back! this is an IMPORTANT discussion :smile:

Hi piperlu- I just happened to be wearing my moro (dark brown with black undertones) nappa umbria SLOANE bag today...and here are my thoughts on the SLOANE..it always seems to fit what I need to carry on a daily basis, which is long wallet, checkbook, makeup case, sunglasses in case, keys,and cellphone, with plenty of room to spare...However, there is ONLY 1 zipper compartment in the suede lining where are usually put my cellphone if I am not holding it..This compartment is deep, and sometimes when my phone rings , I can not find it and I miss calls.. There is no cellphone holder in the SLOANE bags, but quite frankly in any BV bags the celllphone holders are difficult to use because the suede is so slouchy, it is not easy to just drop your phone into the holder you need 2 hands for this..I always retrieve whatever I need in my SLOANE based by feeling around the bag..You can not always see into the bag because the opening sometimes is not all the way open...BUT I LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS BAG ( and how it feels!!!).. I have VENETAS, which have zip closures and open wide to see inside..however, the shoulder strap will stretch over time and you have to like the look of that..I do not own any CAMPANA bags so I can not comment on them.. I am 5'6", and I find that the SLOANE looks a hair on the small side for me, yet it fits a ton of stuff..I hope I have helped in your decision..

^^Thank you for your review. I'm taking it the Sloane only comes in one size where some of the other bags come in two or three.

Also, since your Sloane is "broken in", what would you say the shoulder drop length is? I am tall and full figured, so I need to be able to wear it comfortably. I'm wondering if I should eliminate this one since you think it is a bit too small for you. Now, if it gets slouchy and allows more than an 8" drop, I would probably be fine with it.

Prestwick -- can you give us a modeling pic? I was surprised you think Sl. feels smallish.
Dolores -- aren't they all??? hahahah
I'm going out too, will check in later..

here are the action shots i have of the sloane and the LARGE veneta. the model is a size 0 and 5' - so tiny. i believe she has her sloane slightly stuffed.

Attachments

• DSC03709.JPG
    DSC03709.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 394
  • largetigerveneta.JPG
    largetigerveneta.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 316
this was posted in the celebs section - miley and a large veneta

miley-cyrus-birthday-shopping-spree.jpg

i love this pic of shopaholic&baby with her large ebano - you can see how it slouches over time, miley's is new.... but this is the look i love.
attachment.php

Last edited:
also from the action thread - spendalot and i think a large nero campana. this looks great! i remember reading that some ladies tuck one handle under the other when on the shoulder and that holds it in place better (referring to bookermoose's comment)

P1020824.jpg

I agree with prestwick's analysis of the Sloane :tup: Also I think most would agree it's not the easiest to shoulder regardless of the shoulder drop due to the bulk of the body. I keep a minimum amount of items in mine and slim them down by using an LV pochette and still I tend to carry it in the crook of my arm or by hand more often than shoulder.

The large veneta however is an incredibly perfect shoulder bag if that's what you're looking for :yes: