Veneta, campana & sloane owners come in please

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
The Veneta, Campana & Sloane:heart: styles really appeal to me for a great everyday bag.

I would love to hear from those of you that have them what you like about them. If there are some cons, I would like to hear them too.

I don't live near a boutique, so I really value your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks Ladies!

Debbie - you picked some of the most classic of styles, and IMO, you cannot go wrong with any choice. have you trolled the action shots thread for pictures? since the veneta and campana come in different sizes, that will impact your choices too. all of thse are light bags, so if you are used to H, these will provide a good break so you don't get H elbow KWIM ;)

i am 5' 1" and although i love big bags, the larges in the campana and veneta seem too big for me. however, i have seem some lovely little ladies rocking the larges, so it is a personal style issue - particularly since they slouch, will not look as big over time.

the sloane is wonderful. i don't have one, but have tried one on many times. stuffed it looks wonderful. i would put a chameleon insert in there to maintain that look myself. if the sloane is too big, you could try the new pyramid, which is slightly smaller. this is the bag i have, holds a lot, great shape, can put on your arm.

I recall an old thread about it FYI ~ although I'm sure you'll get lots of new input!
veneta-ball-campana-sloane-which-one?

Personally I love the Veneta for an everyday bag since it sits so effortlessly on the shoulder, zips and is easy to get in and out of. The medium campana was just too small for my everyday items and would pop open the magnet. The Sloane isn't as easy to shoulder and with its folded opening isn't as easy for quick in-n-outs. Yet the Sloane is my favorite bag even if just for its beauty which I think is in the draping so I wouldn't put a shaper in it as doloresmia likes... but to each their own!

Good luck in deciding!

Debbie - you picked some of the most classic of styles, and IMO, you cannot go wrong with any choice. have you trolled the action shots thread for pictures? since the veneta and campana come in different sizes, that will impact your choices too. all of thse are light bags, so if you are used to H, these will provide a good break so you don't get H elbow KWIM ;)

i am 5' 1" and although i love big bags, the larges in the campana and veneta seem too big for me. however, i have seem some lovely little ladies rocking the larges, so it is a personal style issue - particularly since they slouch, will not look as big over time.

the sloane is wonderful. i don't have one, but have tried one on many times. stuffed it looks wonderful. i would put a chameleon insert in there to maintain that look myself. if the sloane is too big, you could try the new pyramid, which is slightly smaller. this is the bag i have, holds a lot, great shape, can put on your arm.

^^H elbow. :roflmfao: So true though.

I am looking for a comfy shoulder bag. I have always loved the hobo style. I want something that will stay on my shoulder and wear comfortably.

I shouldn't have any problems wearing the larger bags, as I'm 5' 10".

I'll have to investigate the Pyramid a bit. I've heard the name, but can't really think of what it looks like.

I have been looking at many of the BV threads and pics, etc. I'm liking what I see too. ;)

Thanks for your input!

I recall an old thread about it FYI ~ although I'm sure you'll get lots of new input!
veneta-ball-campana-sloane-which-one?

Personally I love the Veneta for an everyday bag since it sits so effortlessly on the shoulder, zips and is easy to get in and out of. The medium campana was just too small for my everyday items and would pop open the magnet. The Sloane isn't as easy to shoulder and with its folded opening isn't as easy for quick in-n-outs. Yet the Sloane is my favorite bag even if just for its beauty which I think is in the draping so I wouldn't put a shaper in it as doloresmia likes... but to each their own!

Good luck in deciding!

^^I'll check the thread you posted shortly, thank you.

So, the Veneta and Campana close with a magnet closure?? The Sloane just folds over with no zipper or magnet??

I have to say I am in love with the Ottone Sloane that is in the library. I keep going back to look at it. I do love that slouch look on that particular bag. So, I don't know if I would use a shaper or not. I have some bags that I put that in and other's I don't.

Thank you so much for your input! :tup:

The Campana and Sloane both have magnet closures, but since the Sloane has fold over flaps it's more forgiving if it's over-stuffed (which is hard to do with a Sloane!). Of the 3 you are considering, only the Veneta zips, and the pyramid does as well.

I'm 5'8" and found the medium campana and pyramid bags looked too small on me :sad:. Fortunately the campana comes in a larger size in black and brown. :tup:

^^I see. I just checked out the pyramid style. I can't believe I missed it. I like it! Alot!

I just copied this courtesy of Jane's post. I love the slouchy look of it and it looks like the shoulder drop would be good as well. Beautiful bag!

1591697371_b971fa75f4.jpg

I'll wade in (even though you are looking for a hobo not a satchel and therefore the Montaigne is not in the running... sniff).

Just from my observations from reading here (since I've only had limited chances to see them all IRL), it seems like people often go for the Pyramid after falling in love first with the look of the Sloane, but then trying it on and deciding the Sloane just doesn't work for them. Whatever that reason is that the Sloane doesn't work for some people seems to be improved with the Pyramid - but without losing the look that drew them to the Sloane in the first place.

As for the Campana, the most frequent complaint I've read seems to be the double handles not comfortably staying on the shoulder... but I think that depends again on the wearer.

Another consideration might be what colour you are looking for - since although I think you can get any of these styles in Nero for sure and possibly Noce, I think beyond that there starts to be differences in what is available, both in the different sizes of the Veneta and the Campana, but also between the Nappa bags (Veneta, Campana) and the Nappa Umbria bags (Sloane, Pyramid). For example, I don't think Ebano is available in Nappa Umbria, and therefore if that is the colour you want that is going to drive what you can get, as well.

^^I may be scouting out for a hobo now, but trust me I haven't forgotten about the Montaigne. I do love that bag (all in due time). LOL

Yes, I imagine color would be an issue to. I still have so much to learn with BV. I would like to learn it the easy way versus the hard way. LOL

I have ordered bags before, sight unseen and I have definitely been sorry for it. So, I think I just need to make a trip to try them on.

I think you're onto something about the Sloan and the Pyramid bag though. I do love how that bag looks in Jane's post.

Me with my new Pyramid (remember my hysterically excited thread a few weeks ago?) .. I am short but have umm substantial shoulders and upper arms. The bag is new so not softened up yet. You can see how much room I have.
Now you need some Sloane modeling pics.
I didn't get Sloane because (a) I thought it would be too big for me and (b) I thought the place where you touch the magnetic snap would get darkened.
---
ps I just looked at Sloane in the reference section and it seems to have more drop (shoulder room) .. but then it is a bigger bag, yes?

Attachments

• outsidebestcolor.JPG
    outsidebestcolor.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 423
Last edited: