Vendio or Ebay auction - which is better for seller fee's wise, etc.?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I used to use Vendio for my auctions. I liked the backgrounds and formats, I thought it made the auction look nicer. But now I'm wondering if I should just do an ebay auction. Does anyone prefer one over the other, and advantages, etc.?

TIA :flowers:

p.s. I noticed last time I sold an expensive item that PP held my money until I proved delivery confirm (very annoying). Is there a way around this? I hate to give buyers that much power to have the item(s) for 30 days before I get my money. Would a vendio auction work around that? Just wondering? Thanks ladies!

2. So I just noticed in the Vendio template that there's a payment option for "Direct Offline CC Payment" - BUT it won't let me list an ebay auction with it. Drat.

thoughts? I guess PP and ebay are really in bed together - I can't seem to get around this.

3. I have never used Vendio, but I can tell you that Paypal is owned by e-Bay. Or the other way around, I cant remember now. I believe Auctiva is also owned by them as well. Sadly, it really seems to be a monopoly of buyers, event hough it really isnt. I have to say that e-bay has earned every thing they have through advertising, ect. Now what they have done with it is another opinion all together.

Anyhow, I believe that you can release that 30 day hold by providing Paypal with a tracking number. Problem solved.

You could also choose to use Google checkout, or any other type of available check out service. You will just limit the buyers you would have if you would have used Paypal. But I say, if someone wants something bad enough, they will do whatever it takes to get it!

4. Vendio allows direct offline cc payment with their stores (which are totally free). But no, eBay will not, unfortunately allow direct CC :sad:

Please feel free to PM me if you have any Vendio-related questions.

:smile:

Helen

(Ps. Longtime lurker, member of MUA, denim forums and more...finally bit the bullet & joined today.)