Velo - crossbody strap

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you for help. I live in the Czech republic and there is only one boutique in the whole country which sells Balenciaga handbags. It is not the official Bal boutique, there are many other brands there too.

I really like Velo, but unfortunatelly my boutique doesn´t have it in stock so I can´t try it on. I am very tall ( 185 cm) and I need a long crossbody strap otherwise it looks wierd on me.

So I would like to ask some Velo owners if they are so kind and measure the strap for me. If it is 120cm and more it is perfect and I can buy my HG bag. :smile:

Thank you very much in advance.

2. There is a velo club forum here, you can see some modelling photos there too. Hope it helps :smile: I just tried one velo today, it is nice! But i don't really prefer big bag as i'm not a tall girl, so i got a Town instead. :yahoo:

3. Thank you very much, I know about Velo club but there is noone as tall as I am. :biggrin: And there is no note about the lenght of the strap either. So I really hope someone can help me here. Thank you again.

And congrats to your new Town!

4. I saw the information from HGbag that the strap is 22". Not sure accurate or not :P

5. Thank you again. This means only one thing - I am absolutely blind and bad reader!:biggrin:

6. Hello, I've measured the long strap on my Velo and it's about 42.5 inches or 108cm long. I measured it from the tip of the metal hook to the other end of the metal hook. I hope this helps you.

7. melissalove: Thank you very much. So that means when including the metal hook on both sides, the strap could be almost as long as I need it to be. :smile:

8. Do you mean the metal rings on either side of the bag itself? If so, I think the total length will fall slightly short of 120cm. Maybe about 114cm by my estimation.

9. #9 Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    I'm as tall as you (+1cm) and tried a Velo on a couple of weeks ago. IMO the strap has the perfect length for us tall women! :biggrin:

10. melissalove and Nenskes: Thank you both. I will have my HG bag!