Veiny, what does it look like?

mocc

Jul 16, 2006
I'm curious about why many ppl refer to the 06 leather of Balenciaga bag as veiny? What does it mean, actually, for the leather to be veiny (pictures comparing with, say 05 leather would be greatly appreciated)? And are the leather of the rust orange color (I believe it is prefall color) considered veiny? Thanks

I would say my 06 ink first is veiny. Attached is a photo comparing the ink leather with my black 04, can you see the difference?

I am thinking of using lubriderm on the ink but I haven't worked up the nerve to do it just yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 205
Veiny usually means that the lines of the leather are more prominent - I find even in the 06's, there is quite a bit of variation. For example, I saw both non-veiny to really veiny/shiny blacks, and I found overall that the caramels from the spring were quite veiny.

I did find the rusty colors like grenat and rouille a bit veiny in the store.

That being said, the "veins" and that extra shine do go away with use and they really soften/smoosh up... here is my S/S 06 black, and the front and back are like baby smooth, but the sides still have some veining.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 170
I know with some designer bags there is a certain look that is desired. For instance, most Chloe Edith owners want their bags to be scrumply, pebbled and "smooshy" instead of smooth and stiff.

Is a veiny bbag considered good or bad?

lordguinny said:
I know with some designer bags there is a certain look that is desired. For instance, most Chloe Edith owners want their bags to be scrumply, pebbled and "smooshy" instead of smooth and stiff.

Is a veiny bbag considered good or bad?
welp, it's all a matter of personal preference, i like mine veiny & shiny (but not too veiny), and other girls prefer the matte look :girlsigh:

mocc, here's another black vs. ink first photo that i took recently :yes:...i actually ended up returning the ink to "barney's" because she was too veiny (bet you never thought you'd hear me say that girls!!!) :P

Attachments

• INK FIRST BAG REV.jpg
    INK FIRST BAG REV.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 225
Here are pics of 3 of my bbags. All of them are fairly veiny as the s/s 06 bags were. I love them.

Attachments

• black balenciaga.jpg
    black balenciaga.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Dusty Rose Day.jpg
    Dusty Rose Day.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 157
  • origan twiggy.jpg
    origan twiggy.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 159