Vegetarian bags

i've seen matt and nat bags at TJMaxx on more than 4 occasions and stopped to try them on and look at them. for a NON leather bag they're delicous! i'd reccomend them as well, if they are vegan for sure!

stella mccartney makes real cute things that are animal friendly! I am a vegetarien, too, and i feel the same way you do, but the fact is that leather is a by product of the meat industry, so I am fine with it, b/c the animal didn't die soley for the leather, but rather for the meat. :yes:

I'm looking for designers who make cruelty free handbags for my best friend. Introduced her to the Matt and Nat line recently, but I haven't been able to find anything consistently high quality and man-made. I know Ananas makes some bags from canvas and linen, but I'm don't know of much else off the top of my head.

The designers don't have to be all man made or vegan, though I'm sure she would prefer it. The bag itself would have to be free of any animal materials though.

Forgive me if this thread has been posted before,
but I'm new to the forum, so it's new to me :smile: Thanks in advance guys!

Hmm... just to clarify, though I think you've said it already, do you mean the brand itself has to be completely animal free? For example chloe has canvas and leather bags, so is chloe ok?

Because in that case, pretty much all brands have canvas bags, but the prices they charge for those are ridiculous...

Hmm... just to clarify, though I think you've said it already, do you mean the brand itself has to be completely animal free? For example chloe has canvas and leather bags, so is chloe ok?

Because in that case, pretty much all brands have canvas bags, but the prices they charge for those are ridiculous...

Nope, the designer doesn't have to be vegan, but the bag has to be. Any leather trims, straps, et cetera wouldn't be okay for her. I know designer canvas can be overpriced (I got thinking about the actual cost of making handbags after the "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" craze.. ) but design does make a difference. The Forever 21 knockoffs and other chain store imitations just aren't as much fun to own or carry..

And I totally forgot about Stella McCartney! Thanks!

I just bought my friend who is a veggie a Vera Bradley handbag - no leather at all, 100% cotton. She loved it. They have some fun, younger styles now. Good luck!

unique.jpg

red.jpg

oops there has to be no leather or straps... sorry!

Crystalyn Kae's bags are made from glazed fabric. The company is based in Seattle and the bags are manufactured there. I haven't seen them IRL but have been admiring the metier shopper and troubadour tote on the website for a while.

http://www.crystalynkae.com/

I just checked out the website and wow, it almost looks like leather! Nice styles too! Thanks, these will make great gifts to my completely vegan friends. They always disapprove of me carrying leather trimmed purses...lol