Vegetarian bags

I honestly don't know what constitutes a vegan bag but there was a thread posted a few days ago about felt-like bags made of boiled wool instead of leather, etc http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/made-of-felt-675064.html

I don't know if using boiled wool (being that wool is from sheep) makes a bag vegan?

True vegans won't use anything that comes from an animal (whether it has to die to get the product or not) - wool, honey, eggs, milk, even white sugar because they use ash from bones to whiten it. Very difficult to avoid animal products entirely and I admire their commitment.

I never knew vegan bag existed! Such an eye opener:smile: thought to top this up :biggrin:

A couple of women, in Santa Monica, opened a very nice vegan handbag boutique, on Main Street, back around the late 80s, if I remember correctly. I used to buy from them. The bags were quite nice. I read a few days ago, that that boutique is not there anymore. I don't know when it left, but it sounded like not that long ago.

A couple of women, in Santa Monica, opened a very nice vegan handbag boutique, on Main Street, back around the late 80s, if I remember correctly. I used to buy from them. The bags were quite nice. I read a few days ago, that that boutique is not there anymore. I don't know when it left, but it sounded like not that long ago.

It's always a bit sad to see a good shop goes. Perhaps you will just happen to come across it somewhere else.:smile: