Travel Vegas restaurant suggestions

Mar 14, 2010
We have a trip to Vegas coming up in a couple of weeks and we have one night set aside for "date" night but we have no idea where to go! We're thinking someplace semi-nice at one of the hotels on the strips... Went on yelp and read the reviews on a few places (carnevino in the palazzo, gallagher's in New York New York, bellagio buffet) but the reviews all seem so mixed... We don't want to spend too much on one meal but we would like to eat some good food!

Yum, capital grille looks delicious!!! And I've wonderful things about nobu! We have one here in Hawaii so maybe we'll check out the one here!!

If you go to Capital Grille you MUST order the Lobstermac (macaroni and cheese with lobster).

When I was there I had a steak, and the server asked me if I wanted to add crab legs to my order. I said yes without asking what the additional charge would be, which was a whopping $25 when I got the bill. So be careful when they suggest you add things to an entree.

If you go to Capital Grille you MUST order the Lobstermac (macaroni and cheese with lobster).

When I was there I had a steak, and the server asked me if I wanted to add crab legs to my order. I said yes without asking what the additional charge would be, which was a whopping $25 when I got the bill. So be careful when they suggest you add things to an entree.

Ohhh wow, thanks for the tip! Will definitely be careful! The lobster mac sounds really good!!! I looked at the menu online and it all looks really good! What are the prices like?

Michael Mina or Picasso in Bellagio, Joel Robuchon in the MGM Grand.

Also did you look on the Las Vegas thread here? Many restaurants are discussed there too.

Fiammo at MGM Grand is great - fantastic pasta. Whenever I go to Vegas for work, I always try to make it there for dinner.

Favorite Italian. Outstanding.

Another great place at the MGM - NobHill.

Joel Robuchon is very expensive, like Guy Savoy. But oh so worth it for special occasions.

Here's a French bistro I love Comme' Ca' at the Cosmo.

Chinese - Jasmine Bellagio

i was in vegas earlier this yr for my birthday and my two favorite restaurants
were fix and mastros ocean club.
we stayed at the bellagio and for break i highly recommend you to go to bellagio cafe.
THEIR FOOD WAS AMAZING.
we literally ate there every morning.
fix is also in the bellagio

We have a trip to Vegas coming up in a couple of weeks and we have one night set aside for "date" night but we have no idea where to go! We're thinking someplace semi-nice at one of the hotels on the strips... Went on yelp and read the reviews on a few places (carnevino in the palazzo, gallagher's in New York New York, bellagio buffet) but the reviews all seem so mixed... We don't want to spend too much on one meal but we would like to eat some good food!
a) Can't say I've ever really had a bad meal at any of the major hotels in Las Vegas.
b) How much is too much to spend on one meal? I can't suggest somewhere like Le Cirque for a $52 Steak if it's out of the price range. However, Le Cirque is in-freaking-credible!
c) What kind of food do you like? Are you looking for Asian-inspired? Italian? Somewhere with more of a Continental menu?

Bouchon in The Venetian is lovely
Le Cirque at Bellagio (see above)
Circo at Bellagio. Fabulous! I've always thought of it as the little cousin to Le Cirque
Michael's down at The Southpoint. Had an incredible meal there and some of the best service I've ever received.

Every restaurant has menus listed online, have a look at them and see what delights you and your boyfriend. There are probably plenty of choices in the hotel you are staying at.
I always have a car in Las Vegas so most of my favourites are off-strip. I may be the only person ever that has never been to a buffet in Las Vegas.