Food Vegan & Vegetarian Food

What a yummy and satisfying meal!!! I made cornbread recently but it was from a box (just needed some carbs that tasted better than my 100% wheat bread :lol:).
Looks yummy! Recipe please
Looks great DM!!:flowers: I have never been able to master corn bread. One day...for now I will drool over yours!

I’m so glad you posted! It reminded me to post too!!:lol:
Thank you all. I have been baking bread once a week or so; banana, pumpkin, ciabatta, cornbread, you name it. It has been a satisfying ritual during this trying time. :heart:

@innerpeace85, I didn't follow a recipe, but I am happy to share my formula:
1 large chopped onion
3 cloves garlic
3 diced peppers (2 green, 1 yellow)
Sautee in oil (I used coconut oil but other times I have use olive oil) for 20 minutes or so
Add salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder and a pinch of cinnamon, sautee for a few minutes
Add large can of crushed tomatoes and 3 cans of beans (I used black, kidney and pinto)
Let simmer for 30 minutes and add a little water if you want a broth like consistency, none if you like it thicker.

So I have taken a few pics this week. Sad that I forget to post them!
I made cashew cream this week. I had it over nectarines. I also had a tabbouleh sandwich with crispy chickpeas. Homemade yogurt with strawberry rhubarb swirl. And a tabbouleah “salad” with olives and flat bread.
:police:Warning:police:I love tabbouleh so you may see it posted often this summer!!:giggle:
Everything looks delicious. :heart:

Reactions: Julide
My lunch today. The perspective this picture was taken looks like the bowl of fruit is the same size as my salad!:lol:Which it was sadly not. Tabbouleh salad, nectarines with cottage cheese and cashew cream. Really wonderful to have summer produce!!:sunshine:

Attachments

• B45ED95D-2E40-497F-8750-EA96B1C0372C.jpeg
    B45ED95D-2E40-497F-8750-EA96B1C0372C.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 14
My lunch today. The perspective this picture was taken looks like the bowl of fruit is the same size as my salad!:lol:Which it was sadly not. Tabbouleh salad, nectarines with cottage cheese and cashew cream. Really wonderful to have summer produce!!:sunshine:
Looks like a lovely lunch :smile:. I am glad you remembered to post it today :smile:

It has been raining this weekend. Perfect soup weather!!:happydance:Wild rice and mushroom soup. If only I had some DM’s bread to go with it.:amuse:I also made dalgona (sp) coffee. Very tasty, but I little too sweet for me. I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!:flowers:

Attachments

• DD6D1FE3-BD1A-49FD-9048-AD7CC16861B5.jpeg
    DD6D1FE3-BD1A-49FD-9048-AD7CC16861B5.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2925A4BE-4126-4D38-8138-953229CBBA00.jpeg
    2925A4BE-4126-4D38-8138-953229CBBA00.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 11
It has been raining this weekend. Perfect soup weather!!:happydance:Wild rice and mushroom soup. If only I had some DM’s bread to go with it.:amuse:I also made dalgona (sp) coffee. Very tasty, but I little too sweet for me. I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!:flowers:

Delish :smile:. I am a huge fan of mushroom soup (especially cream of mushroom soup :lol:). And I have been wanting to try Dalgona coffee at home for a couple of months now (I have the ingredients but can’t find the mixer to whip it :sad: and I think whipping by hand is not as good).

Delish :smile:. I am a huge fan of mushroom soup (especially cream of mushroom soup :lol:). And I have been wanting to try Dalgona coffee at home for a couple of months now (I have the ingredients but can’t find the mixer to whip it :sad: and I think whipping by hand is not as good).
Thanks IM! I love mushroom soup too! I made the dalgona coffee by whipping it by hand. I was on hold:lol:a perfect thing to do while queuing on the phone!:flowers:

Reactions: Iamminda