Food Vegan & Vegetarian Food

Thank you all. It was a satisfying meal. I am feeling a little under the weather and one way my body lets me know a cold or flu is coming is that I am continually ravenous. I know some people lose their appetite when they are sick, I am the opposite. I ordered an additional minestrone soup "to go" for my lunch today, it was that good. :heart:

Hope you feel better soon dear DM :smile:. Enjoy your yummy soup.

I have been craving pumpkin yogurt, but don’t care for the fake pumpkin spice flavors of most seasonal items. Tonight I baked a sugar pumpkin until caramelized and planned to serve chunks of it on yogurt with cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and a little maple drizzle.
In the end, I was too starving to wait an hour for the pumpkin to bake, so instead I had roasted whole mushrooms and spiced Brussels sprouts in a wrap with hummus and harissa. That was simple but delicious!
When the pumpkin finally was baked I had to try a few bites of the intended dish, and it was amazing!

This is such an excellent — and delicious—idea. Although it would be a challenge for me to wait an hour for it to bake, lol. I wonder what other fruit would work well baked too. Thanks for sharing :smile:.

This is such an excellent — and delicious—idea. Although it would be a challenge for me to wait an hour for it to bake, lol. I wonder what other fruit would work well baked too. Thanks for sharing :smile:.
Next time I will use a smaller pumpkin, but another trick is to microwave until slightly soft and just finish off in the oven to caramelize. I think it would be great with baked peaches as an alternative!

Last night's simple but comforting dinner; roasted red garnet yams (that I tossed with EVOO, salt, paprika and fresh minced garlic) and black beans.:heart:
This looks so wonderful and nourishing. I have been really into yams and roasted squash lately with the cold weather coming on. Since you’ve been feeling under the weather this seems like such a perfect meal. (I hope you’re feeling a little bit better!)
I was just looking at some old recipes and really wanting to make a roasted yams, broccoli and miso tahini sauce recipe again.

This looks like a beautiful nourishing meal — hope you can rest up this weekend :smile:
This looks so wonderful and nourishing. I have been really into yams and roasted squash lately with the cold weather coming on. Since you’ve been feeling under the weather this seems like such a perfect meal. (I hope you’re feeling a little bit better!)
I was just looking at some old recipes and really wanting to make a roasted yams, broccoli and miso tahini sauce recipe again.
Thank you both.:hugs::heart: I am feeling a little better and plan to take it easy this weekend.

A healthier alternative for my husband and son, who wanted to buy cakes today! Mini almond flour cakes with vanilla and chocolate drizzles

I am drooling over these :smile:. I don’t know if I have ever tried anything made with almond flour before (I like almonds and anything almond flavor so i might like it, lol).

I am drooling over these :smile:. I don’t know if I have ever tried anything made with almond flour before (I like almonds and anything almond flavor so i might like it, lol).

I hope your husband and son realize how truly lucky they are having you to care for them. :heart::heart:
That is so sweet of both of you, thank you so much. Cooking and baking are so relaxing for me, so I feel lucky that they will help me eat my creations.
IM, Almond flour is easier to bake with than many other gluten-free flours, since it doesn’t absorb as much water as coconut flour for example, and it has a very nice texture. Cakes and other baked goods will turn out less fluffy than with wheat flour, more similar to a shortbread texture, which I really enjoy.

That is so sweet of both of you, thank you so much. Cooking and baking are so relaxing for me, so I feel lucky that they will help me eat my creations.
IM, Almond flour is easier to bake with than many other gluten-free flours, since it doesn’t absorb as much water as coconut flour for example, and it has a very nice texture. Cakes and other baked goods will turn out less fluffy than with wheat flour, more similar to a shortbread texture, which I really enjoy.
Thanks Nicole. I like shortbread so it may be worthwhile for me to try almond flour.

Reactions: nicole0612