• 2 tablespoons Dijon or brown mustard

• 1 tablespoon lemon juice

• 1 ½ teaspoons salt

• 1 teaspoon black pepper

• 1 cup celery, diced (optional)

• ¼ cup red onion, chopped (optional)

• ¼ cup parsley or chives, finely chopped

It's my best favorite vegan recipe, share more easy vegan recipes

1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, then carefully add the chopped potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be pierced with a fork, but not at all mushy. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside to cool completely.

2. Separately, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine. 3. When the potatoes are fully cooled, place them in a large bowl with the celery, onion, and parsley or chives. Mix gently to combine. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning before serving.

This looks so good — I like sweet potato, yam and coconut milk so I would like this. Btw your pic reminded me that I just tried purple yam for the first time recently (don’t know why I thought of it, lol)

Just a quick hello to you Nicole and to wish little Omar a Happy Birthday (maybe Belated?). Also very exciting news about a little sibling for Omar :smile:.

Thank you my friend! I just saw your post! Can you believe that “baby” Omar just turned 3? I have to ask what you thought of purple yam? I love how different yams have various textures and sweetness versus starchiness.

Reactions: Julide and Iamminda
Egg-Free Potato Salad

• 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large cubes

• 1 /3 cup vegan mayonnaise

• 1 ½ teaspoons salt

1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, then carefully add the chopped potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be pierced with a fork, but not at all mushy. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside to cool completely.

2. Separately, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine. 3. When the potatoes are fully cooled, place them in a large bowl with the celery, onion, and parsley or chives. Mix gently to combine. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning before serving.

This sounds tasty, thanks for sharing. I’ve made a similar egg-free egg salad with chickpeas. You might enjoy that as well if you like chickpeas/garbanzos.

Thank you my friend! I just saw your post! Can you believe that “baby” Omar just turned 3? I have to ask what you thought of purple yam? I love how different yams have various textures and sweetness versus starchiness.

Happy Belated Birthday to sweet soon-to-be-big-brother Omar :smile: — how fun!

I liked the purple yam I tried (pretty sweet) — it was just boiled, peeled, and sliced. I need to look for it the next time I shop for groceries. Can’t remember but I might have seen it at T Joe’s but it was sold in a large-ish bag.

Take Good Care Nicole :smile:.

Reactions: nicole0612
Happy Belated Birthday to sweet soon-to-be-big-brother Omar :smile: — how fun!

I liked the purple yam I tried (pretty sweet) — it was just boiled, peeled, and sliced. I need to look for it the next time I shop for groceries. Can’t remember but I might have seen it at T Joe’s but it was sold in a large-ish bag.

Take Good Care Nicole :smile:.

Aw thank you! Omar is in the “kids say the darnedest things” stage, we never know what will come out of his mouth but he keeps us laughing. Yesterday we went to get some fresh veggies at a you-pick and as soon as he saw the owner in his overalls he started singing joyfully at the top of his lungs “Old McDonald had a farm, ei ei oh...” We were embarrassed but also laughing because who would ever anticipate that?
I’ll have to check for that purple yams at TJs. I love trying out new foods that I find there. Every time we go I get at least one new thing. It’s not super healthy, but we’ve been getting the frozen saag paneer (Indian/Pakistani melted down spinach with fresh cheese cubes) and it is so good! I keep it on hand for when we need a quick dinner because saag takes hours to make by hand.

Reactions: Iamminda
Egg-Free Potato Salad

• 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large cubes

• 1 /3 cup vegan mayonnaise

• 1 ½ teaspoons salt

I have a similar recipe, but use a white wine vinega and EVOO instead of the vegan mayo. The vegan mayo is good too!

Speaking of chickpeas, I love them too! Here’s a recipe for Chickpea sunflower sandwich, kind of like a vegan tuna salad sandwich.

SANDWICH

• 1 15- ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
  • 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds (if salted, scale back on added salt)
  • 3 Tbsp vegan mayo (sub tahini for a more earthy, nutty flavor)
  • 1/2 tsp dijon or spicy mustard (if using tahini instead of mayo, use half as much mustard)
  • 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub agave or honey if not vegan)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 Tbsp fresh dill* (finely chopped)
  • 1 healthy pinch each salt and pepper (to taste)
  • 4 pieces rustic bread (lightly toasted // gluten-free for GF eaters)
  • Sliced avocado, onion, tomato, and or lettuce (optional // for serving)
GARLIC HERB SAUCE optional
  • 1/4 cup hummus
  • 1/2 medium lemon, juiced (1/2 lemon yields ~ 1 Tbsp)
  • 3/4 - 1 tsp dried dill*
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • Water or unsweetened almond milk (to thin)
  • Sea salt to taste (optional)

Reactions: nicole0612
Hello everyone, long time no see. :wave::heart: Tonight I threw together a stir fry with peppers, broccolini and diced tofu in a spicy sauce I made with fresh garlic and ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, then tossed in soba noodles at the end.

A big Hello to you :smile:. Your delicious food has been missed. This looks so tasty :smile:. Thanks for posting.

Hello everyone, long time no see. :wave::heart: Tonight I threw together a stir fry with peppers, broccolini and diced tofu in a spicy sauce I made with fresh garlic and ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, then tossed in soba noodles at the end.

A big Hello to you :smile:. Your delicious food has been missed. This looks so tasty :smile:. Thanks for posting.

I second this! Your wonderful food photos and sweet presence has been missed! Hope you are doing well :smile:

I made this simple macaroni salad this morning that I served as a side dish for our afternoon backyard picnic earlier today. It went well with our veggie burgers and spicy black beans. :heart:

This is one fancy macaroni salad — I love pasta shells :smile:. This looks like a good side to your burgers. Hope you enjoyed your long weekend — and here to a great week ahead :smile:,