Food Vegan & Vegetarian Food

Tonight's pasta dinner; a sauté of garlic, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, fresh basil and mozzarella tossed with penne. :heart:
This looks so good — I especially love artichoke hearts and penne (I have to admit I am not a fan of olives, I always pick them off my pizza, I know I am rather strange and picky, lol). Oh, I saw some rainbow chard today at Sprouts Market — so pretty, maybe I will try it one day.

This looks so good — I especially love artichoke hearts and penne (I have to admit I am not a fan of olives, I always pick them off my pizza, I know I am rather strange and picky, lol). Oh, I saw some rainbow chard today at Sprouts Market — so pretty, maybe I will try it one day.
Thanks, IM. I think this would have been good without the olives. They added a nice salty element, but capers would have worked as well or just a little salt, if you don't like capers.:heart: I'll tell you a secret....I might be the only vegetarian who doesn't care for mushrooms. :smile:

Thanks, IM. I think this would have been good without the olives. They added a nice salty element, but capers would have worked as well or just a little salt, if you don't like capers.:heart: I'll tell you a secret....I might be the only vegetarian who doesn't care for mushrooms. :smile:
Really? All kinds? Lol. I love mushrooms — especially portobello, enoki, shiitake, canned

Hey Nicole, I am still thinking about your chickpea dough (think you made chickpea blondies too before?). Anyways, not ambitious (too lazy really) enough to make it yet — but just curious enough to try these chickpea crisps from Whole Foods. They are pretty good (even DH and DD said they were “not bad” before they returned to their regular chips,lol).

Attachments

• FE0E4725-E9D2-490E-A576-DF8F9AB13E06.jpeg
    FE0E4725-E9D2-490E-A576-DF8F9AB13E06.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 62
Hey Nicole, I am still thinking about your chickpea dough (think you made chickpea blondies too before?). Anyways, not ambitious (too lazy really) enough to make it yet — but just curious enough to try these chickpea crisps from Whole Foods. They are pretty good (even DH and DD said they were “not bad” before they returned to their regular chips,lol).

These look good. I’ve tried a similar bean chip before and it was pretty good. Did these have a hint of sweetness with the sweet potato in there?

Reactions: Iamminda
These look good. I’ve tried a similar bean chip before and it was pretty good. Did these have a hint of sweetness with the sweet potato in there?
Maybe a little. I like it. DD is interested in trying the other versions (cheddar cheese, zesty ranch). I hope to make some healthier version of chickpea goodies at home when I get a chance.

Reactions: nicole0612
These look good! :heart:

Reactions: Iamminda