Vectra Flea Prevention??

I've tried Frontline and Frontline Plus and it doesn't do anything. I can't believe other people say it works. A friend of mine has tried Vectra and said it does wonders. My dogs are miserable. We have dogs in 5 yards around us so even though we treat our yard, house, and the dogs we can't get rid of them. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I missed this thread when you first posted, PP. Frontline Plus didn't work for Sabo. The vet has him on Advantix now. I don't recall ever seeing Vectra in her office.

So sorry Gracie went through that!

My cat is in vetra after having picked up fleas for the first time last summer (i am positive he picked it up at the vets . . .). Frontline didn't work for him (or me), but Vectra is so I'm going to keep using it even though it smells awful the first few days after application. I've read a lot of articles about fleas having become immune to Frontline in large regions of the US and mine is included. I decided to try it anyways for a couple of months, but it turned out to be bad idea.

I had to race him to the Vet, then another one for the ethylene-glycol
test(!) It was negative. His symptoms came on about 44 hours post Vectra
application. -- and I thought I was going to be burying him for the next 48.
Did he find some toxin/mould that he just had to try? He wouldn't say.
He was obviously very intoxicated (neuro-toxins?) staggering, comatose,
alternating ; couldn't eat, drink, or pass anything other than a bowel incontinence for the second 24 hrs.
I surely thought I was gonna be burying my guy. When he came around a bit, he immediately started worrying a patch of his hind quarter hip bone, I check and find a big scabby sore spot just covered by his fur. Looks like a chemical burn to me.
I will never use Vectra again. I have no proof but I have a healthy happy mixed breed who was never sick once (@4&1/2 yrs) before this travesty.