Veau Volupto - new leather?

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
This Volupto leather is now showing up on Hermes Bolide 1923 Mini bags:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/bolide-1923-mini-bag-H073694CK2V/
bolide-1923-mini-bag--073694CK2V-front-1-300-0-320-320.jpg

Bolide 1923 mini bag
$6,000
Bag in Volupto calfskin with shoulder strap and handles and palladium plated hardware
Measures 7.3" long, 5.7" high and 2.9" deep

Does anyone have any update on how Veau Volupto wear? I just bought a Licol 17 in this leather. I love the touch of the leather, but it appears that it could mark easily.

I also am interested in how this leather holds up and ages, now that folks have had bags in this leather for a few years, because I just noticed on the Hermes website that they mention that this leather patinas and darkens.

This is how the Hermes website describes Volupto:
A transparent, very sensual, delicately satiny heritage leather similar to the leather used for clothing. Its extreme suppleness and minuscule, barely visible grain are the result of a long drumming procedure.
First appeared in the collections: 2013
Appearance: Quite smooth; satiny; mottled; clearly visible natural characteristics; subtly contrasting wrinkles
Feel: Silky and slightly waxy
Hand: Very supple; no roundness; richly sensual; full
Change over time: Softens; acquires a patina; darkens; becomes shinier in areas most handled. Gains resistance as patina develops

Have Volupto owners noticed a patina forming? Does the patina develop evenly, or is there an ugly duckling period as it ages? Is the leather sensitive to oil stains? Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I keep eyeing a Trim 24 in Miel Volupto on the website... thanks!

Reactions: htrix
I've heard of this leather being described as "evercolor + butler" (the latter of which is probably why Hermes describes it as a 'heritage' leather). I would imagine its patina would be similar to the way butler behaves?

When it was introduced in the Lindy (original post) in 2017, it was a push offer bag. Prior to bags, it was used in clothes, before they found the way to make bags with it. It is developed to be the ultimate satin leather. It should be softer, shinier, and smoother than swift. It does scratch. It is perhaps on the more water resistant side of the spectrum (but honestly nothing is truly water proof). I think it looks amazing and is very special but I wouldn't call it the most durable of Hermes leathers.

Bouncing this thread - there’s a New Drag in Volupto leather on h.com, looks gorgeous so would be really interested to hear from other owners how the leather wears over time. Thanks!

Reactions: htrix
I recently purchased a 24 duo Trim in Veau Volupto at a heritage leather event. It’s been my most used errand purse since I brought it home. I love how smooth and soft this leather is; even softer than swift. And minor scratches seem to rub out nicely. But last weekend when we had rain, I wasn’t sure if it’s safe to take it out. Owners who have had this weather for awhile, have you ever gotten it wet accidentally? How does it fair?

Reactions: htrix and Hermezzy
I also am interested in how this leather holds up and ages, now that folks have had bags in this leather for a few years, because I just noticed on the Hermes website that they mention that this leather patinas and darkens.

This is how the Hermes website describes Volupto:
A transparent, very sensual, delicately satiny heritage leather similar to the leather used for clothing. Its extreme suppleness and minuscule, barely visible grain are the result of a long drumming procedure.
First appeared in the collections: 2013
Appearance: Quite smooth; satiny; mottled; clearly visible natural characteristics; subtly contrasting wrinkles
Feel: Silky and slightly waxy
Hand: Very supple; no roundness; richly sensual; full
Change over time: Softens; acquires a patina; darkens; becomes shinier in areas most handled. Gains resistance as patina develops

Have Volupto owners noticed a patina forming? Does the patina develop evenly, or is there an ugly duckling period as it ages? Is the leather sensitive to oil stains? Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I keep eyeing a Trim 24 in Miel Volupto on the website... thanks!
Just got a 24/24 Mini in Volupto leather... Any other info on it? :smile:

Reactions: iqaganda
I was offered a mini bolide in 2021 in Volupto in black. I never see the detailed description like yours, thank you actually. it does feel silky and soft. It's still young to see patina developed and I need to use more often.
Just recently got a Mini 24/24 in Volupto in black too! Was kind of worried when I first saw it but it does feel luxurious and delicate.
My SA said it's easy to repair if there are scratches. I wonder if water resistant though.

Some info I found online: (Hope this helps)

a8231b3e-06e6-4907-a0c4-d42f0e323333.jpg

d48d36b5-5b64-4707-b669-3e7e9fbc88ce.jpg