VCP love!

SeriouslyBrenda

Hottiepowersactivate
O.G.
Mar 7, 2009
I've had a bit of a sucky summer. Broken foot subsequent DVT/blood clot in that leg. Hospital, doctor vists and bed rest. Blech. My poor kids didn't have a very fun mama this summer, that's for sure.

Slowly but surely I've been able to feel more human and even though I am not going to hike the Tetons any time soon (I'm a former Geologist/rock nerd) I decided it was time to get out of my yoga pants and tank tops and feel human tonight for my son's preschool parents meeting.

I put on a charcoal sleeveless ruffle top, crisp white cotton pants, one black sandle and one walking cast, my grey on grey Ramone cuff, some sliver bangles and earrings and rocked my VCP Lorca. It's the first I've had a chance to use it and it was love!

And feeling human again wasn't so bad. I just wish my Origami and Wyeth were here to help and not stuck in a box in NYC. :graucho:

Brenda, do you have one of the newer ones? They've got the Boudoir lining, right?

PS Sorry you've had such a rough summer! Glad you're coming good now... the blood clot sounds terrifying. My grandmother died of a stroke and for some reason I'm actually frightened of clots and such. I always take an aspirin when I travel. I know it's not reasonable, but all those commercials about big guys getting felled by tiny little clots...

Brenda, do you have one of the newer ones? They've got the Boudoir lining, right?

PS Sorry you've had such a rough summer! Glad you're coming good now... the blood clot sounds terrifying. My grandmother died of a stroke and for some reason I'm actually frightened of clots and such. I always take an aspirin when I travel. I know it's not reasonable, but all those commercials about big guys getting felled by tiny little clots...

I wish it did! Mine has the standard HH black lining. I picked it up during the BB sale for $83.00 though. So the black lining is certainly okay with me!

Aspirin before a long flight or car trip is a good idea. My doctor said people should also *always* get up and move around every 2 hours as well. Lots and lots of water and calf raises while sitting. My DVT happened because of an 8 hour car trip right after my foot injury. I broke my foot at my parents house and my husband drove me home a few days later. I had taken a pain pill and pretty much slept the entire way home. By the time we arrived home I was in so much pain I headed to the ER where I was diagnosed with the DVT. Directly related to the injury and car ride. Scary but I was lucky enough to be diagnosed before the clot moved. It could have been a lot worse!

Did you take pictures???

No pictures. Next time though!

We're not talking about the foot here are we? This doesn't sound like what I think it is !:nuts: Oh...OK..gotta go back and read about the great night out.

Oh..SB...I'm glad you are alright..my biggest fear when taking a long trip is this happening to me because of my issues.

Glad you are OK..hope you stay OK..and VCP is my DDs all time favorite cuff color..double Celinas in time for Chanukah..and I can't get them to share with me the little witches.

We're not talking about the foot here are we? This doesn't sound like what I think it is !:nuts: Oh...OK..gotta go back and read about the great night out.

Oh..SB...I'm glad you are alright..my biggest fear when taking a long trip is this happening to me because of my issues.

Glad you are OK..hope you stay OK..and VCP is my DDs all time favorite cuff color..double Celinas in time for Chanukah..and I can't get them to share with me the little witches.

I wish my great night out was more than just a preschool parent's meeting but hey, it's better than a night at the hospital! Baby steps, girls. Baby steps! ;)