Which VCA Vintage Alhambra Bracelet Would You Choose

• Onyx

• Mother of Pearl

Results are only viewable after voting.

PennyD2911

O.G.
Oct 14, 2006
Please Help :smile:

Trying to decide between the Onyx and the MOP.

So I thought I use the Poll feature and see what you all would choose.

If you fancy one of the other color stones please share that too!

TIA:biggrin:

Last edited:
I vote for MOP. That was my first too but with white gold. I chose MOP because I thought it could be worn year round, day and night, with nearly everything. The onyx is classic and a good choice too. Since it is your first, I recommend buying whichever matches your wardrobe better.

Such a tough choice...I love that the onyx is sturdier, but the MOP wins out because of its sheer beauty.

I know Nikki, I haven't seen the VCA MOP IRL, but I love MOP in general.
Just trying to make the correct choice for this bracelet. I have a feeling no matter which one I choose I will ALSO want the other one too. 😃

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Is both an option ;) ?

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

However -

I am very picky about MOP. Even VCA MOP sometimes is a bit flat. I prefer the multicolor, opalescent MOP. If you can find a bracelet with this type of coloration, grab it.

On the other hand, I love the black onyx. To me, there is nothing more classic than black with yellow gold. Goes with everything (at least in my closet)

(I know, I'm no help...and with that, I refer you to my first sentence)

Reactions: splurgetothemax
Please Help :smile:

Trying to decide between the Onyx and the MOP.

So I thought I use the Poll feature and see what you all would choose.

If you fancy one of the other color stones please share that too!

TIA:biggrin:

I think the MOP is prettier, but in my wardrobe at least the onyx gets much more use... It's a total workhorse!!

Is both an option ;) ?

However -

I am very picky about MOP. Even VCA MOP sometimes is a bit flat. I prefer the multicolor, opalescent MOP. If you can find a bracelet with this type of coloration, grab it.

On the other hand, I love the black onyx. To me, there is nothing more classic than black with yellow gold. Goes with everything (at least in my closet)

I agree about finding a good MOP. My SA chose me a very colorful piece that is so beautiful.

Also, if you ultimately plan on owning both, buy the one that excites you a little more now or the one that will compliment your jewelry/wardrobe better.

Is both an option ;) ?

However -

LOL, as you know 😉 both are not an option at this point. My long time Hermes SA told me yesterday that one of our mutual acquaintances now is with VCA inside Neimans in Atlanta. So I will have a good SA I have worked with on my Rolex and Patek Philippe purchases.

I think the MOP is prettier, but in my wardrobe at least the onyx gets much more use... It's a total workhorse!!

I agree about finding a good MOP. My SA chose me a very colorful piece that is so beautiful.

Also, if you ultimately plan on owning both, buy the one that excites you a little more now or the one that will compliment your jewelry/wardrobe better.

My favorite neutral color is gray, however black is the staple of my wardrobe. So the onyx would be perfect. On the other hand, my casual look is always jeans worn with white shirts or black shirts, so the MOP would work well.
Sounds like I need to meet in the middle. 😄 Wish VCA did the vintage bracelet in the gray MOP.

Thank you both for your post!✨

LOL, as you know �� both are not an option at this point. My long time Hermes SA told me yesterday that one of our mutual acquaintances now is with VCA inside Neimans in Atlanta. So I will have a good SA I have worked with on my Rolex and Patek Philippe purchases.

Magic alhambra bracelet? (I adore this style)
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARD78700/magic-alhambra-bracelet-5-motifs

VCARD78700_VanCleefArpels_Magic-Alhambra-bracelet-1.png

I know!! I've looked at it on the VCA website so many times. 😍 I love that one.
I reasoned that I should get the vintage first, as to start my collection with one of their timeless pieces.
Then😃 add the Magic Alhambra and another Vintage Bracelet.
Oh my! I adore VCA Alhambra Collection.