VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I love the lucky animals and have gotten several over the years. Just in case you were misled, wanted to let you know that mahogany obsidian isn’t really a special or limited edition, it is just that they have replaced the materials of some animals in later versions. So the cat’s tail and the rabbit’s body are both now in mahogany obsidian instead of tiger eye. The pig is also now in obsidian instead of grey mop. The bunny is very cute!
Thanks! This is why I love our forum — super helpful and kind members :heart:

Hi Ladies,
Reporting in from the wilds of Vegas. Stock is definitely being replenished in the various boutiques if your looking for Alhambra’s 20s, 5 motifs and vintage earrings in the various stones. The Crystal and Forum shops had a lot of inventory. No magic earrings or bracelets were found. I was able to try on both butterfly earring combinations pink sapphire and blue lapis. Neither color looked good on me. Tried on 16 motif And surprisingly I loved it. Going to Wynn today so I will report on inventory there.

Hi Ladies,
Reporting in from the wilds of Vegas. Stock is definitely being replenished in the various boutiques if your looking for Alhambra’s 20s, 5 motifs and vintage earrings in the various stones. The Crystal and Forum shops had a lot of inventory. No magic earrings or bracelets were found. I was able to try on both butterfly earring combinations pink sapphire and blue lapis. Neither color looked good on me. Tried on 16 motif And surprisingly I loved it. Going to Wynn today so I will report on inventory there.
Oh what are you thinking on butterfly earrings? I have not been able to try on the pink sapphire but I held it up to my ear and it looked good. Can’t decide if I want to go with wg pave and pink sapphire or boring wg pave.
Which 16 did you try?

Reactions: BigAkoya
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the information- glad to hear stock is coming back. I was at Wynn on Easter Sunday and they didn’t have the 10 motif VA in onyx (but I put in a deposit to order) or any MOP or onyx Sweet Alhambra earrings when I went back later in the week (but I did get those on-line in the EU).

The SAs at Wynn were really amazing. :heart:

Reactions: sammix3
Oh what are you thinking on butterfly earrings? I have not been able to try on the pink sapphire but I held it up to my ear and it looked good. Can’t decide if I want to go with wg pave and pink sapphire or boring wg pave.
Which 16 did you try?
Omg neither pair looked good on me. They totally looked so drab on my skin. I’m holding out to see the yellow sapphire pair and if those don’t work then it’s the pave for the win. I tried on yg onyx,mop, gmop and loved it. I’m still thinking the 20 but this doubled so lovely.

Attachments

• 1309F170-CC2E-4434-B134-259B8F8A88BC.jpeg
    1309F170-CC2E-4434-B134-259B8F8A88BC.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 169
Thank you for the information- glad to hear stock is coming back. I was at Wynn on Easter Sunday and they didn’t have the 10 motif VA in onyx (but I put in a deposit to order) or any MOP or onyx Sweet Alhambra earrings when I went back later in the week (but I did get those on-line in the EU).

The SAs at Wynn were really amazing. :heart:
I was glad to see pieces to get feel for wishlist items. The Crystal currently has onyx and camelian sweets. Glad you were able to get them. I tried on the vintage onyx and they surprisingly looked great on me. Another potential wish list item.

Omg neither pair looked good on me. They totally looked so drab on my skin. I’m holding out to see the yellow sapphire pair and if those don’t work then it’s the pave for the win. I tried on yg onyx,mop, gmop and loved it. I’m still thinking the 20 but this doubled so lovely.
The 16 is so much more interesting that the 20. Would be my vote is I get one haha

@chiaoapple
Here is an old photo I posted of how you can wear it on the side of a 20. @nicole0612 was the genius behind how to hook him up on the side. I also hang him at the bottom as well. You could also take one of your long Magic chains and wear him alone.

Hope this helps you decide. Good luck!

View attachment 5401440

Ahh this is so gorgeous!! I looove pandas and IMO this combination is perfection :love::love::love:

How do you get him to cling on the side? And if you hang him on the bottom, does he slide or swing around?

I love the lucky animals and have gotten several over the years. Just in case you were misled, wanted to let you know that mahogany obsidian isn’t really a special or limited edition, it is just that they have replaced the materials of some animals in later versions. So the cat’s tail and the rabbit’s body are both now in mahogany obsidian instead of tiger eye. The pig is also now in obsidian instead of grey mop. The bunny is very cute!

I wonder why... Could VCA be running low on tiger's eye and grey MOP?

Reactions: hhw