VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Trying to get VCA through Neimans seems next to impossible! Anyone else having this dilemma? My SA keeps telling me "not available" for anything I ask for. Also says that VCA has stopped them from taking any SO.
Yes, impossible! I switched to a SA in NYC and I’ve gotten all 3 items on my wishlist in 2 months!

Hi! I just purchase the 5 motif yellow gold onyx bracelet. After having it adjusted and wearing it with my blue agate bracelet I noticed that the yellow gold on the new onyx bracelet is slightly lighter than the yellow gold on the agate… has anyone noticed this with a new purchase? Did they change golds? My blue agate is a bright yellow gold while the onyx is a lighter subtle shade..

Reactions: hhw
When I went into VCA last month, I ultimately chose the MOP Vintage Alhambra but my second choice here which is the Pure Alhambra looks pretty too. Just have not seen anyone wearing it in personView attachment 5097296
I have a co-worker that wears her Pure Alhambra necklace everyday. It's definitely more of a statement piece than the Vintage...chain is thicker and the pendant looks more substantial. I personally love the way it looks and I'm looking to add it to my collection eventually.

Haha!! Only one bracelet !
Thank you for your reply.
Good point for the guilloche scratching against the other bracelets.
Do you think MOP earings will be easy to wear for my skintone ?

I am curious about the Guilloche and the idea that it scratches easily. Does the bracelet itself cause the scratches on other pieces or do you mean that it is prone to getting scratched by objects (other pieces of jewelry, etc.). The reason I ask is that I own it and have never been overly careful with mine. I wear it with my Cartier Love and at times other bracelets and it does not have any scratches on it nor has it scratched any of my pieces I have worn it with. Just curious if I am missing something..... Thanks!

I have a co-worker that wears her Pure Alhambra necklace everyday. It's definitely more of a statement piece than the Vintage...chain is thicker and the pendant looks more substantial. I personally love the way it looks and I'm looking to add it to my collection eventually.
I have this piece and I love it. It's simple yet bold and elegant. Also that rope chain is the bomb!!

Reactions: Bisoux78 and hhw
My stand alone boutique SA has been telling me from last year that it is not long before VCA leaves NM. I have a wonderful SA at NM and it will be really sad if the rumors are true.
I think this will be interesting because that may imply they are building their own standalone boutique in the market where they were in NM. There are places where there is no VCA boutique for hundreds of miles, and NM is the only seller. I wonder if they won't make an exception for those locations.

I think this will be interesting because that may imply they are building their own standalone boutique in the market where they were in NM. There are places where there is no VCA boutique for hundreds of miles, and NM is the only seller. I wonder if they won't make an exception for those locations.
I wish that were the case, but I doubt it. I am in Seattle, and our only VCA was in a NM before it closed last Autumn. There is no VCA closer than 2 states away now (California). I imagine that they know people are more likely to buy online/via phone/video than they were in the past. It also seems like many of the big luxury brands are now moving to take back more control of their product by pulling out of outside retailers or by taking over management of those locations (e.g. Chanel).

I wish that were the case, but I doubt it. I am in Seattle, and our only VCA was in a NM before it closed last Autumn. There is no VCA closer than 2 states away now (California). I imagine that they know people are more likely to buy online/via phone/video than they were in the past. It also seems like many of the big luxury brands are now moving to take back more control of their product by pulling out of outside retailers or by taking over management of those locations (e.g. Chanel).
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. It's too bad. Makes me sad.

Reactions: nicole0612