VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks View attachment 4846071View attachment 4846072View attachment 4846073View attachment 4846074View attachment 4846075View attachment 4846076View attachment 4846077
wow i love everything on you! you can pull any of these off. each one i was like, "oh yes, that's the one" but each one after was the same reaction. given your parameters, i would do WG pave pendant or TE 10 motif. the hammered gold 10 motif looks great on you but reads kind of dressy. the 6 motif necklace is just not my thing unless it's pave.

Did you try white mop 10 motif? That one might pop the best with your skin tone. Otherwise of the pics I love the 6 motif and the 10 motif hammered. The 6 motif I find only works with specific necklines for me. Whereas the 10 works with more.

Hi lynne_ross, I tried the mop 10 a while ago (and onyx) and attach the photo. It does pop but wondered if it was suitable for daily wear. Many thanks for your reply.

696BA5F7-6C55-4F62-82D9-BD6AC20B2529.png

BD172B2A-3E59-4ABF-A7B0-A95E91EE4634.png

wow i love everything on you! you can pull any of these off. each one i was like, "oh yes, that's the one" but each one after was the same reaction. given your parameters, i would do WG pave pendant or TE 10 motif. the hammered gold 10 motif looks great on you but reads kind of dressy. the 6 motif necklace is just not my thing unless it's pave.
Thank you Croissant, your advice is appreciated. I have been leaning towards the WG pave but then tried the 6 and became confused. I realise they are apples and oranges but I can only afford one right now.

Reactions: wisconsin
Definitely NOT TE - it blends into your skin too much. any of the others would be a great choice and even though I have the Pave Pendant, I find the hammered ALL GOLD pops more on you. And yes, you can also wear the 6-motifs casually :tup:
Thank you, Hadassa. I think this particular TE was bland by comparison. Do you find you wear the pave pendant casually? I do like the hammered gold and it’s half the price.

I cannot make a decision and would so appreciate some guidance and handholding. I have a YG Vintage Alhambra solid gold bracelet I adore and wear 24/7 and I’d like to add a pendant. I usually veer classic with big purchases so I’ve narrowed it down to Guilloche, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold single motif pendants lengthened to stack with a gold and diamond Tiffany tag with my son’s name on it. I had my daughter in May so I was thinking the RG pendant stacked w my tag would be a great everyday pair but I’m still drawn to the Guilloche and the YG (classic). Can anyone help? Is the RG plated? Will the Guilloche be damaged or dulled if I stack? I’m looking for low maintenance, 24/7 wear. I’d be so grateful for someone to tell me what to do. Finally! I have a big anniversary at the end of the year, so with any luck, I’ll add another piece rather soon. Help! Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on your daughter and your upcoming anniversary. Since you are looking for a piece you can wear 24/7 worry free I would choose one of the hammered motifs since the guilloche could become scratched if the other necklace rubs over it. For RG vs YG I would choose the one that goes best with your skin tone, which I am guessing is YG since you have the YG 5 motif and love it. Therefore, the YG pendant may be the best choice of your listed options.

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks
I like everything on you!
Considering your onyx earrings to wear with (and what i loved on you), i would choose:
- all gold 10 motif
-6 motif Magic alhambra

10 motif Mop is also great, maybe next?

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks View attachment 4846071View attachment 4846072View attachment 4846073View attachment 4846074View attachment 4846075View attachment 4846076View attachment 4846077

I think the VA pave pendant and the 10 motif solid gold would be classic and wearable pieces to have!

Thank you, I was surprised by the hammered gold.
Between these two if that’s where you’re narrowed down to, the 6 motif looks spectacular on you! The pendant is an everyday casual look IMHO. I wear my pendant everyday, even to the gym as it’s a holiday pendant so solid gold on the back, no worries for sweat:smile: I also loved the solid gold 10 motif on you. For me, I liked those 2 on you best. Happy shopping!

Thank you, Hadassa. I think this particular TE was bland by comparison. Do you find you wear the pave pendant casually? I do like the hammered gold and it’s half the price.
I do wear my Pavé Pendant and 6-motifs casually. And because I have the Pavé pendant, I never saw the need for a Holiday Pendant (maybe it’s just me).

The hammered gold necklace is a lovely piece and just the right amount of pop. Keep in mind the Pavé pendant is a delicate piece compared to the 10-ALL GOLD or the 6-motifs for that matter.

I also like the way the WMOP pops on you so you just have to know what you will be comfortable purchasing at this point.