VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just came back from my shopping day and sadly the VCA store was undergoing repairs and many things were not on display and they didn't have the sweet with the clover that I wanted.
But then I tried on the 5 motif and guess what caved in and got something!!
Pics coming soon!

Congrats! You will love it! Can't wait to see modeling pics!

For those of you with the Frivole earrings, which size do you prefer? I wonder if the large would look too big for everyday?

I first bought the white gold in small frivole, then I got the the pave in small, and then the yellow gold in the large.

The yg felt huge on me when I first started wearing them because I was used to the small. texasgirlygirl has the large gold and she told me I'd get used to the large very quickly. She was right. So, I don't find the large too big for every day. I wear my quite often with jeans and t-shirt.

If you want white gold, you'll have to settle for the smaller one because VCA doesn't make a large in white gold. If you want yellow gold, you wouldn't go wrong with either size.

This thread is so bad! I thought I was done with vca for a while but I need the frivole earrings! I can't decide on the WG or YG in the small size. Also what are ur thoughts on the clip type backing? This will be my first clip style. Thanks!!!

Btw I already own YG mop vintage pendant and all YG 5 motif bracelet. I don't know if I'll wear this with the bracelet and/or necklace. My vca pieces are pretty much the only YG I have. Everything else is white gold.

This thread is so bad! I thought I was done with vca for a while but I need the frivole earrings! I can't decide on the WG or YG in the small size. Also what are ur thoughts on the clip type backing? This will be my first clip style. Thanks!!!

Btw I already own YG mop vintage pendant and all YG 5 motif bracelet. I don't know if I'll wear this with the bracelet and/or necklace. My vca pieces are pretty much the only YG I have. Everything else is white gold.

I hate the clip backs, they make my earlobes throb and bleed. I've heard you can have them loosened or the clip back removed altogether.

I hate the clip backs, they make my earlobes throb and bleed. I've heard you can have them loosened or the clip back removed altogether.
I foolishly bought the clip backs without trying them on & apparently I have "fat lobes" and I had to have the clip backs altered by a local jeweler. VCA wouldn't touch them & said they were loosened as much as they could be. The SA also recommended that I get my ears repierced so they would fit :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of looking at the jewelry reference section and started at the beginning of the vca thread when the 10 motif was still in the 4K range. lol Why couldn't I have discovered vca back when I first started posting on tPF? Too caught up in LV at the time.
it was the cost of a bracelet now?! one of the few reasons why I wish I was in my 30s not 20s! I feel like I arrived late to the party lmao

My ears hurt & bled when I first got the small Frivole earrings. The SA I worked with suggested loosening the clips &, if that didn't work, replacing with smaller posts. Loosening the backs worked (I didn't have to have posts replaced) & they are now very comfortable- no pain, no bleeding. I love them & wear them all the time!

Ladies! I am nyc now and just left Bergdorf's and VCA. I tried on the Large Frivole and it is a YES! I willl be getting them when the Frivole ring is done.
I also tried on the standard Perlee bangle and it was tight on me. There is only one large in stock in the country and there is no way to try it on.
I loved the look of the Perlee with the 2 Alhambra bracelets I had on. Very very pretty.

On another note, I was trying on Vedura cuffs and fell in love with one. OMG. They are amazing, so gorgeous! Tomorrow is Tiffany's and Cartier . :smile:

Ladies! I am nyc now and just left Bergdorf's and VCA. I tried on the Large Frivole and it is a YES! I willl be getting them when the Frivole ring is done.
I also tried on the standard Perlee bangle and it was tight on me. There is only one large in stock in the country and there is no way to try it on.
I loved the look of the Perlee with the 2 Alhambra bracelets I had on. Very very pretty.

On another note, I was trying on Vedura cuffs and fell in love with one. OMG. They are amazing, so gorgeous! Tomorrow is Tiffany's and Cartier . :smile:

I am obsessed with Verdura--what did you try?

love those verdura cuffs!!! do tell us more...

Status
Not open for further replies.