VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks !!
Here is a picture of the white gold Perlee hoops that I am thinking of getting in the rose gold .
The row of diamonds is very striking in rose gold more so than the white gold
Do you think I am too old for this size hoops at 48 ? Would I still be able to rock them at 58 ( assuming that I am still around )
Sorry it's a bit out of focus and a bit big .
PS I am not that orange and sunburnt it was just bad lighting LOL
PPS sorry I can't possibly help talk you out of something as I have no self control in fact I am having to work really hard not to just bite the bullet and buy both rose gold Perlee :lol:
These are not too large for you and you are certainly NOT too old to wear them.
Aren't these the same size as the small rg perlee hoops (without diamonds)?
I tried these on in the pink gold...LOVE THEM.
Don't you have the LE letterwood? If so, you "need" pink gold earrings....;)

Hi ladies- was hoping you could help me out. I just received my new bracelet after having it sent back to VCA for 1 inch lengthening. It's a vintage YG mop and I love it! But was kinda annoyed to see that the lengths between the motifs are not all symmetric! Between the 1st and 2nd motifs and the 4th and 5th there are 13 links, whereas the other motif spaces have 10. Maybe I am being too picky but it's quite noticeable. Especially because I plan on joining the bracelet to wear with 10 motif necklace and I just worry it will be way too unequal looking. Will VCA fix this for me? Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me on my 10 motif. Between some motifs I had 11 links and others I had 13. I had to send it back which was annoying. I marked each section that needed to be fixed. VCA charged $200 because I noticed it about 6 months after the fact. That really pissed me off as it was their mistake and they should have fixed it for free. I should have sent it back to my original SA at London Jewelers but I felt the hassle of sending it via mail was not worth it. I dropped it off an NM and they covered $100 of the cost.

This happened to me on my 10 motif. Between some motifs I had 11 links and others I had 13. I had to send it back which was annoying. I marked each section that needed to be fixed. VCA charged $200 because I noticed it about 6 months after the fact. That really pissed me off as it was their mistake and they should have fixed it for free. I should have sent it back to my original SA at London Jewelers but I felt the hassle of sending it via mail was not worth it. I dropped it off an NM and they covered $100 of the cost.
So I took bracelet back to jeweler today (Dorfman in Boston) and explained situation. One of the sales associates insisted that if I said I wanted an inch added, theres no way they can do it perfectly symmetric. But I explained that I had requested "about an inch, so that distance between motifs is equal." She made me feel kind of like a dumbass. But luckily the nicer SA who sold me the bracelet walked in and took care of me right away. It sucks that I have to wait awhile longer, but I don't mind. She is sending it back to VCA and having 1/2 inch shortened and all motifs symmetric. The bracelet was waaay too long with the inch added, it fell down almost to my thumb! Anyways, I really hope this works out this time--Can't wait to see it!

So I took bracelet back to jeweler today (Dorfman in Boston) and explained situation. One of the sales associates insisted that if I said I wanted an inch added, theres no way they can do it perfectly symmetric. But I explained that I had requested "about an inch, so that distance between motifs is equal." She made me feel kind of like a dumbass. But luckily the nicer SA who sold me the bracelet walked in and took care of me right away. It sucks that I have to wait awhile longer, but I don't mind. She is sending it back to VCA and having 1/2 inch shortened and all motifs symmetric. The bracelet was waaay too long with the inch added, it fell down almost to my thumb! Anyways, I really hope this works out this time--Can't wait to see it!

I hope it works out for you! I have smaller wrists and had about half an inch taken off of mine and all my links are symmetrical. I didn't even specifically ask that the links match, they just did it that way. I assumed that a company like VCA did stuff like that naturally.

Do you think the yg diamond vintage alhambra gets more comments because of the yg?

I do. I think the yellow gold makes the diamonds pop.

What color gold were your small fleurettes?
White gold!

For some reason I thought you were gifted those by your dh for a Christmas gift? Could you refresh my memory, what did your dh get you for earrings this year/ last year? I just remember thinking that they were small in size compared to the rest of your collection.

You have such a great memory! I did get them from DH for Christmas 2011, but truth be told he lets me pick out my gifts from him. So sometimes the first time he sees a gift is when I unwrap it and say "Thank you honey-- it's just what I wanted!!"

He was totally ok with the trade up as it now covers our up coming anniversary!

Don't you just love how VCA finishes things on the backs where no one but the person wearing can see or know, like the butterfly on the back of the small fleurette? Does your big fleurette have that as well?

Oh, I am so happy for you to have finally gotten the size that works for you! Congratulations and enjoy in health and happiness always!

This is really embarrassing but I didn't notice the butterfly on the smalls! I am going to check the larges and will report back.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!!

Last edited:
hello everyone please excuse the question from a newbie VCA collector if its a silly one. i went into my local boutique to choose a birthday gift for myself and found myself drawn to the tigers eye even though it wasn't my first choice at all. thought i would be more of a MOP girl but really liked how it looked on me.

anyway, i was reading through the threads and was just wondering if Tigers eye is generally less popular than the MOP or Onyx? And if the general consensus is that it is perhaps a little more mature than a MOP w YG combination?
if one were on a limited budget and perhaps cant collect as many necklaces as some of you lucky ladies, would you still buy a tigers eye to begin with or would you stick to the white MOP?

hello everyone please excuse the question from a newbie VCA collector if its a silly one. i went into my local boutique to choose a birthday gift for myself and found myself drawn to the tigers eye even though it wasn't my first choice at all. thought i would be more of a MOP girl but really liked how it looked on me.

anyway, i was reading through the threads and was just wondering if Tigers eye is generally less popular than the MOP or Onyx? And if the general consensus is that it is perhaps a little more mature than a MOP w YG combination?
if one were on a limited budget and perhaps cant collect as many necklaces as some of you lucky ladies, would you still buy a tigers eye to begin with or would you stick to the white MOP?

Honestly, I think part of the reason TE isn't seen as often is that since many of us don't live near a boutique, we rely on photographs that just can't capture the liquid beauty that is TE and are mostly left thinking "yeah, I guess it's a nice brown stone" without getting the real TE soul.

White MOP with wg or yg is classic and easy to match to any outfit. TE is a still a great neutral, but imo not quite as versatile as mop, and since it is more expensive than mop, many opt for mop as their starter VCA piece (Yes, starter, It is an incredibly slippery slope :biggrin:).

I love how mop looks modeled on the lovely members here, but onyx was my choice until I got to see VCA's TE in real life a few months back. Now I'm saving my pennies for TE earclips. But honestly, when it comes to the vintage alhambra line, there are really are no incorrect choices and if you stay in this thread long enough you will probably wind up getting both and moving on to other VCA pieces. :graucho:

I hope it works out for you! I have smaller wrists and had about half an inch taken off of mine and all my links are symmetrical. I didn't even specifically ask that the links match, they just did it that way. I assumed that a company like VCA did stuff like that naturally.
You would think, but the first time I sent my necklaces in to be lengthened, they just added extra to the end. YUCK! I had to go through customer service to make sure it was done right!

Thanks !!
Here is a picture of the white gold Perlee hoops that I am thinking of getting in the rose gold .
The row of diamonds is very striking in rose gold more so than the white gold
Do you think I am too old for this size hoops at 48 ? Would I still be able to rock them at 58 ( assuming that I am still around )
Sorry it's a bit out of focus and a bit big .
PS I am not that orange and sunburnt it was just bad lighting LOL
PPS sorry I can't possibly help talk you out of something as I have no self control in fact I am having to work really hard not to just bite the bullet and buy both rose gold Perlee :lol:

I think they look great, you could rock them til 98!

Status
Not open for further replies.