VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help spending money from my purse sales. I'm considering a 20 motif carnelian, a 20 motif malachite, or a 16 motif carnelian and tiger's eye. What think?

As a refresher, I have four 20 motifs.....MOP, onyx, all yellow gold, and turquoise, and all the bracelets to match. Also turquoise and onyx super earrings.
I recommend the malachite or a 20 motif TE......

CG, I think malachite. Here's why. Isn't your Schlumberger enamel bracelet in green? I bet they would be fabulous together. I also think turquoise and malachite are dreamy together too.

I love carnelian and tiger's eye too.

Yes, one of them is a very limey green. Not sure how it would look with the malachite, but I think the cobalt one would be stunning with it. Am definitely leaning toward malachite. However, if I could find a carnelian as red as yours, I'd jump on it!

Have you talked to our favorite SA lately? I emailed her a few days ago, and haven't heard from her.

I am going to Paris in the next few weeks and I will go to VCA and ask about Lapis. I'll post what they tell me.

Yes do ask! When I was in Paris last October I was told there was no lapis. At the time they had the LE blue porcelain.

I told DH there were two stores we had to visit, Hermes and VCA.

Well two stores with multiple locations! ;). Don't forget that VCA has boutiques in some of the department stores too. I bought my blue porcelain at Galleries Lafayette.

Last edited:
Yes, one of them is a very limey green. Not sure how it would look with the malachite, but I think the cobalt one would be stunning with it. Am definitely leaning toward malachite. However, if I could find a carnelian as red as yours, I'd jump on it!

Have you talked to our favorite SA lately? I emailed her a few days ago, and haven't heard from her.

We both have been crazy busy. I need to stop by the store.

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

Everything's gorgeous. But those lotus earrings are just stunning. I would love to play in your jewelry box!

Thanks so much! I love the lotus too!

Your earrings are sooooo beautiful! Which would you say you get the most wear from? Do you think the frivole and lotus can be worn casually, or are they just for special occasions? Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful collection.

I do wear the frivole and lotus casually all the time. I wear the frivole the most- I just love how it sits up on the ear.

Dream collection, Sbelle!

:hugs:

Your earrings are gorgeous Sbelle! I love the large fleurettes. How do they feel on? Do you find them comfortable? Do they have the same back as the Frivole, etc?

The fleurettes are not earclips, but studs. They have the backs on them that are so hard to put on and take off. Not sure what they are called.

Beautiful earrings sbelle!

CG, I'd go with malachite too...it's such an enticing, magical color of green!

Kimberly, any news on your photo? I saw it on eBay too...some people are so brazen with their actions!

I don't know if anyone will remember but sometime ago (a couple of years?) I bought the small fleurette earrings. I knew they were small (just over 1 ct tw) , but the price of the large fleurettes (just under 2 ct tw) was out of reach at the time. I did like the small, but they really were a bit small. It was one of those decisions that looking back, I should have waited until I could afford the larges. You know how it goes......even though you like what you got you can't stop thinking about what you didn't get.

So, I just bit the bullet and got rid of my smalls and got the larges. I am happy I finally did it!

I thought that this might be a good time to share a comparison picture of some of the diamond earrings. This will give you an idea of the size differences......

And if anyone wonders, out of these earrings I get the most compliments on the vintage alhambra yellow gold pave earclips. By far. I took them to Paris last year and quite a few sales people in different stores commented on them. I think the combination of yg with diamonds makes the diamonds jump out.

OMG these are gorgeous! Are those the large fleurette? (I believe I read here that the type of back is called the French back... ) you are making me wish I had gone for the lotus instead of the frivole.

Ohhhhhh... This person.....(sigh) who is so scandalous to steal a TPFr's photo and use as her own that she is selling that item. Makes sense now when I commented to someone else on here that I would be nervous to buy from eBay. She in turn made some insulting remark to me about how I must not have enough knowledge about VCA. Who is she to say?! Unless her last name is Van Cleef or Arpels! Seems she may have a guilty conscience and makes her feel better to down others. Guess she still frequents TPF even though her account is deactivated. She may create another account....beware! Ha ha ha!!

I don't know if anyone will remember but sometime ago (a couple of years?) I bought the small fleurette earrings. I knew they were small (just over 1 ct tw) , but the price of the large fleurettes (just under 2 ct tw) was out of reach at the time. I did like the small, but they really were a bit small. It was one of those decisions that looking back, I should have waited until I could afford the larges. You know how it goes......even though you like what you got you can't stop thinking about what you didn't get.

So, I just bit the bullet and got rid of my smalls and got the larges. I am happy I finally did it!

I thought that this might be a good time to share a comparison picture of some of the diamond earrings. This will give you an idea of the size differences......

And if anyone wonders, out of these earrings I get the most compliments on the vintage alhambra yellow gold pave earclips. By far. I took them to Paris last year and quite a few sales people in different stores commented on them. I think the combination of yg with diamonds makes the diamonds jump out.
Wowza :drool::faint: What a stunning VCA earring collection! I can see how the YG vintage pave would show the detail especially from afar more. They are beautiful! I still love the lotus too:smile: Your the VCA queen!

That is all very interesting about the necklace selling for 12K and this person buying it and now trying to sell it for 20K. I have very strong feelings that this is not an authentic piece of VCA. It says in small print that links were added to make it longer? It is not mentioned in the one she bought. I hope nobody buys this. I think it is interesting how the photos are all "screen shots" that she stole from other people. They are even blurry. People spending 20K have to be smarter and realize there are other ways to purchase a 20 motif turquoise VCA.

My biggest gripe with this girl is that I was very nice in asking her to take down my photo. I thought she would. For her to be so brazen is a sign of the type of person she is. I was shocked when I read some of the feedback from 2009-2011 that are missing from Ebay. It is a shame. I wish more people checked out these kind of sellers. Glad we can get it out this way to at least let some of TPF know about it. Ebay said they were going to investigate her but I think my photo is still on her listing.
I'm sure her feedback isn't that good because she is confrontational when asked simple questions that anyone selling on eBay or anywhere else wouldn't be offended in answering. I feel bad for the poor souls that purchased from her and then contacted her receiving her rude responses or even questionable items. Hopefully eBay will at least be able to stop her from using photos that aren't hers.

I've been away for awhile, glad to see the VCA addicts are here and going strong and not succumbing to rehab! I orginally purchased
the RG vintage earrings, but when I saw the malachite- my mouth dropped so a quick exchange was made lol. I can only imagine what a 20 motif would be like!!

Here are some pics for you ;)

Lucky charms!!

97E9AF04-2E82-4B45-8A57-49E310558989-9653-000009D74F4BEA6A_zps7eb3d54d.jpg

Perfect with Magic Kelly 140

19B87E1F-DA34-4570-A6BD-6863F0004850-9653-000009D74ACE6DFD_zps7855539c.jpg

Action shot

91C78EED-C24A-43F4-BB0F-935C1C569CF7-9653-000009D74A02F02B_zps7d30c0cd.jpg
Love your lucky charms photo Peppers!!! You have very good taste in jewelry. Between VCA and Cartier, your children will certainly be playing in your jewelry box!

Status
Not open for further replies.